Currently sitting at 29 homers, Marcus Semien will be looking to belt his 30th dinger of the season against starter Framber Valdez on Sunday, October 22, when the Texas Rangers challenge the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park. First pitch is set for 8:03 PM ET.
Looking to place a bet on Semien ahead of his matchup on Sunday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Semien
Get the latest odds for Semien and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Houston Astros
- Valdez (12-11) will take the mound for the Astros, his 32nd start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Monday, when he tossed 2 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Texas Rangers.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 29-year-old’s 3.45 ERA ranks 15th, 1.126 WHIP ranks 13th, and 9.1 K/9 ranks 22nd.
- The Astros average 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, seventh-most in the league.
- The Astros have the eighth-best ERA (3.95) in the majors this season.
- The Astros rank 14th in MLB with a combined 1.281 WHIP this season.
- The Astros have allowed 201 home runs this season, or 1.2 per game. That ranks 22nd in MLB.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Semien or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Marcus Semien Stats vs. the Astros
Semien Stats and Trends
- Semien has a hit in 72.1% of his games this season (124 of 172), and he posted multiple base hits in 55 of those contests (32.0%).
- In 15.1% of his games this season, he has hit a long ball (26 of 172). He’s taken the pitcher deep in 3.9% of his trips to the plate during the 2023 campaign.
- He has scored at least one run 96 times this season in 172 contests (55.8%), including scoring multiple runs in 13.4% of games (23 times).
- In 40.1% of his 172 games this season, Semien has plated a run (69 times). Also, he’s notched 22 games with multiple RBI in 2023 (12.8%) and driven in three or more of his team’s runs in eight contests.
- In 89 of 172 games this year (51.7%), he has gone down on strikes. Plus, 26 of those games (15.1%) included an effort that resulted in two or more punchouts.
|59 (69.4%)||Games w/1+ Hit||65 (74.7%)|
|29 (34.1%)||Games w/2+ Hits||26 (29.9%)|
|50 (58.8%)||Games w/1+ Run||46 (52.9%)|
|15 (17.6%)||Games w/1+ HR||11 (12.6%)|
|34 (40.0%)||Games w/1+ RBI||35 (40.2%)|
Ready to bet on Semien, the Rangers or any other MLB action on Sunday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.