Read on for our review and answers on bet offerings, online betting, sports betting app, and a promo code for a $500 free bet.
DraftKings Sportsbook promo code 2019 – FREE $500
Make your first deposit at DraftKings Sportsbook and you’ll receive a FREE bet match up to $500. If you deposit $20, you’ll get a $20 free bet. A $100 initial deposit will earn a $100 free bet. All the way up to $500! The free bets must be used within 30 days.
Who is DraftKings?
DraftKings has been running DFS contests dating back to 2012, but it is a new entrant into the realm of sports gambling. In DFS, players select athletes in a given sport, and compete to see whose selections perform better in a given time period. Winners receive cash prizes.
DraftKings Sportsbook overview
After the federal sports gambling ban was struck down in the US Supreme Court, DraftKings acted. Knowing that this was their chance, DraftKings became the first NJ, which is finally free to be labeled as a sports betting app.
Of course, the app did not forsake its origins. The original DraftKings daily fantasy sports (DFS) is still available on both the Apple and Android app stores.
In New Jersey, both the DFS and Sportsbook apps are available for download.
Signing up for DraftKings Sportsbook
Signing up for DraftKings is easy.
DraftKings did a good job navigating previously uncharted waters in the US with its own sports betting app powered by Kambi Group.
While other mobile casinos laid the groundwork in New Jersey — DraftKings put out the first NJ online sportsbook.
Players can sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook through either app or a desktop computer.
The normal amount of information is required to set up an account. Although, bank information is not required to open the account — only to fund it (more on that later).
Proof of age and a geolocation check (to make sure the user is in N is conducted, as per usual, for any online betting apps.
Downloading the DraftKings Sportsbook app
There are two main ways DraftKings Sportsbook can be played:
- DraftKings Sportsbook App download: Downloading the app to mobile devices is the best way to bet on sports at DraftKings. After downloading on an iPhone, iPad or Android device — find the links for download here — the app will prompt you to sign up or sign in.
- DraftKings Sportsbook site: Using DraftKings Sportsbook via a browser is the simplest way to access the sportsbook. The browser is not downloaded onto a device, but it is accessible nearly instantly. Players wishing to wager through this option need to go to the DraftKings website. Once signed up and logged in, players are granted complete access, after a short geolocation check.
Betting on DraftKings Sportsbook
Online sports betting, at its core, must be dynamic, as the traditional sports betting system is an in-depth process.
DraftKings has taken this need to heart; accepting the challenge put before the app. Instead of trying to downplay the specialized betting that has built the physical sports betting world, it has embraced it. Here are the multitude of ways players can bet with DraftKings:
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are the easiest form of betting in the sports world. Simply, a moneyline bet is placed on who the better believes will win the game. Odds of the moneyline bet are gauged by the underdog and the favorite team or player.
- Futures: Futures take a fair amount of knowledge about the different teams (or a whole season’s worth of luck) to win. This is because the bet is placed before a season starts and is predicting which team will win. The Superbowl is a good runner for a Futures bet. Yet, Futures are for the patient gambler. If won, the payout is great. However, there are not many of these bets available on DraftKings, because most players wish to live in the moment. Still, Futures are not completely cut from the DraftKings lineup. They pop up every once and a while.
- Spreads: Spreads or Point Spreads as they are commonly called, are defined by a + or a – handicap. This “handicap” is often referred to as the ‘line’. While this is a little more complicated of a betting system, it is a popular way of traditional sports betting. For instance, if a game has a ‘line’ of 4.5, one team is favored by 4.5 points. The winner is the team that ‘covers’ the spread based on the line (ie winning by five or more points for the favorite, or losing by four or less — or outright winning — for the underdog.
- Totals: Over-under bets can be easy to place since there are only two options to bet on. An over-under bet is contingent on whether the final score will be under or over a the total set by a book. A lot of the time, the Over-Under bet is placed for the finality of the game, instead of being broken down into half-time and quarter scores. But those are usually available as well.
- Parlays: Parlay wagers are fun because they combine two or more single bets. While all the conditions must be right for a win, the payout is generally much better than one or all bets played singularly. The reason is the higher odds. Yet, because of the potential reward, this bet is coveted in both traditional and digitized sports betting.
- In-Play Betting: In-play betting, which is also referred to as live betting, consists of both short-term and long-term bets, which are placed after the start of the game. This type of bet is popular because it allows players to bet in the moment. These bets can consist of many aspects of the game. The ultimate winner of the game can be wagered, as well as the next play.
- Cashing Out of Existing Bets: While cashing out of existing bets is not a form of betting, it is an important part of playing through DraftKings. Players can cash out of existing bets if certain conditions are right. The normal betting process, both in digital and traditional betting, is that all bets are final after being confirmed. Although, through DraftKings, there are some instances that allow a player to cash out of an existing wager. These parameters are usually if the bets are contingent on different factors, with multiple chances to win. It is in these cases that players are permitted to salvage a portion of their bet.
Sports to bet on DraftKings Sportsbook
Sports betting carries with it a large array of different sports. Many players of traditional sports betting stick to only a few types of sports. This is due to the availability of odds and wagers. However, DraftKings allows people from all over the world to experience betting on a globalized sports field. Here is a list of the sports players can learn about, bet on and enjoy though DraftKings:
- Rugby Union
DraftKings Sportsbook review
DraftKings is exceptional in the innovation it has shown in the nascent US sports betting industry. It is the first of its kind in New Jersey and continues to adapt. Being that it is the first in its field, deciphering the impressiveness of its features is limited to other online casinos. While at first, this might seem unfair, DraftKings has truly worked hard to develop these features, although it has things to work on as well
Speed runs the excitement of gambling. If there is a slow moment, people tend to stop and think about what they are doing. The adrenaline of the possibilities dies down and the fun is zapped from the situation.
This is probably one of the best points of advancement for DraftKings. Everything about the DraftKings system is speedy and easy. The fluidity of DraftKings Sportsbook is essential to its mounting success. With bets being opened and closed on a second by second basis, DraftKings’ app is fluid throughout the whole experience.
Helping the new bettor
Sports betting is extremely involved. While there are still odds and there is no such perfection as a sure thing, sports betting has quite a learning curve. Thankfully, beyond creating a digitalized playing field for over a dozen games, DraftKings is also a source of information.
This app does what it can to help players understand their betting options and make intelligent decisions. Even as a newcomer on DraftKings, players can learn the ropes of betting on their platform with ease. The app offers plenty of examples, descriptions, and even videos to explain the nature of the sports betting beast.
DraftKings does not really have a traditional loyalty program like their DFS site, but they offer several odds boost and free bet opportunities.
Depositing money through DraftKings
DraftKings Sportsbook is a little old-fashioned when it comes to handling the money. Granted, the options are easy and usually acceptable. However, many of the more common online casino options are not available through DraftKings. Nevertheless, below features the short list of deposit options for DraftKings:
- Credit/Debit card
- Bank transfer
- Play+ Prepaid: a fast, easy way to make deposits using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover®, or checking account with the ability to withdraw winnings directly into your Play+ account
Withdrawing through DraftKings
There are currently three options to withdraw your winnings:
- Cash at Cage (Resorts Casino)
DraftKings DFS and Sportsbook Accounts
DraftKings DFS was conceived in 2012. To survive the constant threat to their existence, the app continuously denied that they were a sports betting entity. Although, when New Jersey legalized sports betting, DraftKings Sportsbook was put into production.
DraftKings Sportsbook released in August of 2018 became the first mobile sportsbook available. There are more following in DraftKings footsteps but with the freedom to be themselves, the company took the reins and incorporated sports betting.
The DraftKings DFS platform and the DraftKings Sportsbook became two pieces to the company’s whole, for players in New Jersey. While they are two separate apps and accounts, you can link them together.
While using DraftKings on a browser, it is easy to see the correlation. However, to download the sportsbook app, players need to go through the prompts on the website through their mobile device in order to tie a DFS account to a Sportsbook account.
Fortunately, this is a simple task and the resulting app is stable and easy to use.
Linking accounts for moving money
The oddity in the lack of money transferring options expands to the moving of the money throughout Sportsbook and the original DFS app.
What is certain is that the funds available in the DFS wallet as of Aug. 1, 2018, were automatically available for use in Sportsbook. Any additional funds are required to come out of money that has been played through once; DFS funds cannot be instantly moved.
As it stands now, a player needs to spend their original deposit on entry fees first, so that the winnings could be used in Sportsbook.
All Sportsbook funds can be used to enter DFS contests.
DraftKings sports betting site
Betting via browsers on DraftKings is like betting through the app. There are a few differences in style and navigation. Yet, both browser and app are easy to work.
The biggest alteration is the two tabs (DFS/Sportsbook) that are in the place of the two separate apps. The browser tabs make it simple to navigate between both DFS and Sportsbook, which simultaneously promotes the use of both.
Longtime loyalists of DFS appreciate this nod to the original and continue to use the platform, while also using Sportsbook.
DraftKings Sportsbook FAQ
How old does someone have to be to play DraftKings?
DraftKings Sportsbook requires players to be at least 21 years old.
Do you have to play in New Jersey?
Yes. To take advantage of the DraftKings Sportsbook, you must be located in New Jersey. However, these players do not have to be New Jersey residents. Anyone who is located within the state at the time of their bet is legally eligible to play.
Where does DraftKings gambling license come from?
Resorts Casino in Atlantic City has given DraftKings the casino partnership it needs to operate. DraftKings operates under Resorts’ gaming license.
Are there bets that DraftKings Sportsbook will not take?
From the company’s perspective, it will likely accept any bets that it can. However, the legal situation in particular markets may dictate various prohibitions.
For instance, there are several restrictions on sports betting in New Jersey. They are:
- No betting on high school sports of any kind.
- You can’t wager on collegiate events inside New Jersey, regardless of who’s playing.
- Bettors can’t bet on New Jersey colleges, no matter where they play.
- Players, coaches, officials, and any other connected personnel in a given sport cannot wager on that sport.
- You must be inside state lines to bet.
- You must be 21 or older.