DraftKings Sportsbook was the first sportsbook to launch in the state of New Jersey, and it remains one of the top sportsbooks in the Garden State. Since that time, DraftKings has also launched in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Indiana, Iowa, Colorado, and Illinois.
Yet, DraftKings isn’t about to stop there. This online sportsbook powerhouse has its sights currently set on opening in Michigan in the near future.
Even though DraftKings got its start in the daily fantasy sports market, it is currently viewed as one of the best sportsbooks in all the states where it operates.
One of the main reasons that DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the top-rated sportsbooks on the market is due to its top-of-the-line mobile app. Mobile betting has become extremely popular in the United States, and that is where DraftKings really delivers to its customers.
There are plenty of other reasons that help to set DraftKings Sportsbook apart from the rest, and we will explore some of these other options below.
DraftKings Sportsbook bonus offer 2020
Signing up for DraftKings Sportsbook is easy, and can be done through these exclusive links. If you sign up through these links, you will be eligible to receive some fantastic sign-up bonuses worth up to an incredible $1,025. DraftKings is offering a free $25 bonus offer to anyone who signs up through this link. Users are also eligible for a 20% matched deposit bonus up to $500, and a $500 risk-free bet.
DraftKings Sportsbook promo code
|DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Total Bonus||Up to $1,025|
|Free Money Offer||$25 Free for joining|
|Deposit Bonus||20% up to $500|
|Risk Free Bet||Up to $500|
|Last Verified||September 2020|
What is DraftKings?
DraftKings is based in Boston, but it is making its mark all over the United States. It is one of the two biggest daily fantasy sports providers in the US and has built up an intense competition with FanDuel.
When the US Supreme Court lifted the federal ban on sports betting in 2018, DraftKings started to transition into the sportsbook industry. It was the first online sportsbook to open in the state of New Jersey, and it is now live in four other states, as well.
Daily fantasy sports involves inserting players into a set lineup and then competing against friends or other competitors all over the world. DraftKings offers some huge cash prizes for its main events, and it has built up a large customer base.
It has earned high praise for its online platform and is one of the leaders in delivering a sports betting app that is available across multiple platforms.
DraftKings Sportsbook overview
DraftKings Sportsbook offers a terrific betting experience for its customers on its online website and sports betting app. Its sports betting app is available for download on both Apple and Android platforms, and it is a top-rated app in the market.
DraftKings continues to add new features to its online site and mobile app to stay at the top of the sports betting industry.
DraftKings is currently offering a sign-up bonus that includes a 20% deposit bonus up to $500 to go along with a one-time $500 risk-free bet on your free real money bet.
Signing up for DraftKings Sportsbook
Signing up for DraftKings Sportsbook is a pretty straightforward process, although there are a few exceptions. For most states where DraftKings is live, all you have to do is sign up on the online sportsbook or through the mobile sportsbook app.
Illinois and Iowa have requirements for in person registration before you can start betting. However, Illinois is waiving that rule through at least September 19th. So if you are an Illinois bettor, we recommend creating your account now to avoid the extra step when the in person registration requirement is enforced again.
If you live in Iowa you need to visit the Wild Rose Casino & Resort locations in Jefferson, Emmetsburg, and Clinton to verify your account before you begin betting.
If you want to make the process even easier, you can follow this link to sign up for the DraftKings Sportsbook site. If you create an account through this link, then you will be eligible for a free $25 bonus offer.
In the state of Iowa, customers must sign up in person to create an account before accessing the online sportsbook or mobile app.
There isn’t a lot of information that is needed when signing up, but your location services do need to be turned on to ensure that you are placing a bet from a state where sports betting is legal. DraftKings will ask for your name, age, email address, and physical address when you sign up.
You will then be able to create a username and password to ensure a quicker sign-in each time. There are some other pieces of information you can provide to increase security, but the entire process takes less than 10 minutes to create an account.
How to download the DraftKings Sportsbook app
- Downloading the DraftKings Sportsbook app: The DraftKings Sportsbook app is available for download on Apple and Android platforms. You can find a link to download the app on the DraftKings Sportsbook website or by using this link. You can then use your login information to access your DraftKings Sportsbook account.
- DraftKings Sportsbook site: As long as you live in a state where DraftKings is legal and launched, then you can visit this link to check out the online website. You can sign up for an account on the site, or use your login information to start betting.
Different types of bets available at DraftKings Sportsbook
Bettors are all different, and each person prefers a different type of bet. Online sportsbooks tend to offer more betting options than traditional retail sportsbooks, and that is the case at DraftKings Sportsbooks.
You can check out the complete list of betting options available at DraftKings Sportsbook, but here is a shortlist of some of the most common and popular betting types offered on the site.
- Futures: A futures bet is also for someone who has a ton of patience because the outcome might occur weeks or even months down the road. Odds for futures bets are constantly updated, and DraftKings follows this pattern on all of the future bets that it offers. It doesn’t offer a ton of future bets on its website or mobile app, but it does offer some for those customers who live for this type of betting.
- Moneyline: A money line bet is the most common bet that is placed by someone just breaking into the sports betting industry, and it’s also the easiest betting type to understand. DraftKings Sportsbook will set the odds based on the probability of a certain outcome. All that the bettor has to do with a money line bet is correctly predict who will win (or lose) a particular game. DraftKings Sportsbook has money line bets on the vast majority of the sports that it offers.
- Spreads: This type of bet is more commonly referred to as point-spread betting, and it is extremely popular in basketball and football games. This type of bet forces the bettor to make a bet on the outcome of a certain game, and also on how big the spread in the final score will be. This is one of the most popular betting types offered at DraftKings, and it will set the “line” or “handicap” for each sporting event.
- Totals: These are sometimes referred to as over/under bets, and they focus on the number of points, goals or runs scored in an event. DraftKings also offers totals betting on individual quarters or halftimes of a game. Making an over/under bet is one of the most popular things to bet on as a live bet.
- Parlays: A parlay bet is a wager that combines two or more outcomes, and the payout can be large if you are able to win the bet. The odds continue to go up with the number of games that you combine on the parlay.
- Live betting: Live betting, or “in-play” betting, is one of the newest betting types available, but it is also one of the most popular. These bets are made after a game or sporting event has begun, and the odds are updated in real-time. Betting on the DraftKings Sportsbook app is the best way to take advantage of live betting options that are offered by DraftKings, but this can be done on the website, as well.
- Early cash out: There are certain circumstances where you can actually cash out on your bets before the bets have gone final. Most sportsbooks stay away from this sort of thing, but DraftKings will offer this feature when applicable. Be sure to check out DraftKings Sportsbook and read the rules and restrictions before attempting to take advantage of this feature.
What sports are available to bet on?
The state in which you live will likely have certain rules regarding what sports can be offered by sportsbooks, but DraftKings will push the limit when it comes to this aspect. DraftKings recognizes that it has customers from all over the world, and it offers an extensive list of sports to place a wager on.
Here is a list of sports that you can find at DraftKings Sportsbook at the moment, but this list could be different depending on your location.
DraftKings Sportsbook review
It always seems that DraftKings Sportsbook is one step ahead of the competition when it comes to the sports betting industry. It is constantly introducing new things across its two platforms, and it strives to ensure that its customers have a great sports betting experience.
One thing that DraftKings does lack is a loyalty program. Its DFS site does have a loyalty program, but it has not introduced that on the sports betting side of things yet.
Most other sportsbooks do have some sort of loyalty program, and this might be an area where DraftKings can improve and expand in the coming months.
Depositing/withdrawing money at DraftKings Sportsbook
Depositing and withdrawing money is another area where DraftKings Sportsbook is a little behind the competition. That doesn’t mean that it is difficult to deposit money or withdraw your winnings, but it doesn’t offer as many options as some other online sportsbooks on the market.
PayPal has become the easiest and most popular form of deposit for DraftKings customers, but there are plenty of other options as well. DraftKings also accepts a deposit via credit card, and it accepts all major credit cards.
You can also get money on your account through a bank transfer, but you need to check with your bank before trying to use this method. Finally, DraftKings also accepts deposits through a Play+ prepaid card.
There could be other deposit options available in your state, including visiting a DraftKings-affiliated retail sportsbook.
The type of deposit method that you choose will likely dictate how you are able to withdraw your money. If you have linked a bank account to your account, then that is probably the easiest way to get your winnings.
PayPal is another great way to get your money in a short amount of time, but you have to have used it as your deposit method for that to be in play.
DraftKings can also mail you a check, but that can take a few days to weeks to process and get to you. You can also visit a retail sportsbook that is affiliated with DraftKings to withdraw your money.
DraftKings Sportsbook FAQ
How old do you have to be to play DraftKings?
You have to be at least 21 years of age to register for a DraftKings Sportsbook account.
Where is DraftKings available?
DraftKings was the first online sportsbook in the state of New Jersey. It is currently available in New Jersey, New Hampshire, Iowa, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Colorado, and Illinois.
You will need to verify that you reside or are currently visiting one of these states to be able to access the DraftKings Sportsbook. This list will likely change in the coming months as DraftKings continues to expand throughout the United States.
Is DraftKings licensed in my state?
DraftKings holds a license in all of the states where it is currently live. DraftKings is able to operate through partnerships with casinos within the states where it holds a license.
Why won’t DraftKings take bets on any sporting event?
DraftKings must follow state laws when it comes to offering bets on sporting events. DraftKings takes pride in offering bets on an extensive list of sports, but there are certain events that it is prohibited from offering.
DraftKings Sportsbook will not offer bets on any high school sporting events, and it is prohibited from offering bets on collegiate sports in certain states like New Jersey.
There are also certain people who are prohibited from creating an account with DraftKings, including players, coaches, referees or anyone else who can impact the outcome of a sporting event.