Jose Abreu’s Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers, who will be sending Nathan Eovaldi to the hill, square off at Minute Maid Park on Sunday, October 22. The first pitch will be thrown at 8:03 PM ET.
Looking to place a bet on Abreu ahead of his matchup on Sunday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Abreu
Get the latest odds for Abreu and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Texas Rangers
- The Rangers will hand the ball to Eovaldi (12-5) for his 26th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, when he threw six innings against the Houston Astros, giving up three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in 25 games this season with an ERA of 3.63, a 2.81 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.139.
- The Rangers average the 22nd-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.5) in the league this season.
- The Rangers have the 18th-ranked ERA (4.29) in the majors this season.
- Rangers pitchers have a 1.271 WHIP this season, 12th in the majors.
- The Rangers have given up 198 home runs so far this season (the 18th-ranked total in MLB play).
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Abreu or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
José Abreu Stats vs. the Rangers
Abreu Stats and Trends
- Abreu has collected a base hit 98 times this year in 150 games played (65.3%), including multiple knocks on 34 occasions (22.7%).
- He has homered in 13.3% of his games in 2023 (20 of 150), which amounts to 3% of his trips to the plate.
- In 55 of 150 contests this season (36.7%), he has scored a run, and 12 of those games (8.0%) included an effort that produced two or more runs scored.
- Abreu has driven in a run in 59 of 150 games this year, including multiple RBI in 25 of them. He has also plated three or more of his team’s runs in 11 contests.
- In 62.0% of his contests this season (93 of 150), he has gone down on strikes one or more times. In 36 of those games (24.0%), he registered two or more punchouts.
|44 (60.3%)||Games w/1+ Hit||54 (70.1%)|
|12 (16.4%)||Games w/2+ Hits||22 (28.6%)|
|21 (28.8%)||Games w/1+ Run||34 (44.2%)|
|6 (8.2%)||Games w/1+ HR||14 (18.2%)|
|26 (35.6%)||Games w/1+ RBI||33 (42.9%)|
Ready to bet on Abreu, the Astros or any other MLB action on Sunday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.