The upcoming contest between Leody Taveras’ Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros (with Framber Valdez drawing the start) is scheduled for Sunday, October 22 at 8:03 PM ET.
Looking to bet on Taveras ahead of his matchup on Sunday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Taveras
Get the latest odds for Taveras and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Houston Astros
- Valdez (12-11) will take to the mound for the Astros and make his 32nd start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Monday, when he tossed 2 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Texas Rangers.
- The 29-year-old’s 3.45 ERA ranks 15th, 1.126 WHIP ranks 13th, and 9.1 K/9 ranks 22nd among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
- The Astros strike out 9.1 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, seventh-best in MLB.
- The Astros have pitched to a 3.95 this season, which ranks eighth in baseball.
- Astros pitchers have a 1.281 WHIP this season, 14th in the majors.
- With 201 homers allowed, the Astros rank 22nd in the league at preventing long balls.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Taveras or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Leody Taveras Stats vs. the Astros
Taveras Stats and Trends
- Taveras has reached base with a base hit 97 times this season in 152 games played (63.8%), including multiple knocks in 25.7% of them (39 times).
- In 14 of 152 games this season, he has hit a home run (9.2%). He’s taken the pitcher deep in 2.5% of his trips to the dish.
- He has scored at least one run 55 times this year in 152 games played (36.2%), including 15 times when he tallied multiple runs (9.9%).
- Taveras has driven in at least one run 46 times this season in 152 tries (30.3%), including driving in more than one run in 10.5% of games (16 times) and producing three or more of his team’s runs on seven occasions.
- He has been set down on strikes at least once 81 times this year in 152 games (53.3%), including 33 games with more than one strikeout (21.7%).
|42 (58.3%)||Games w/1+ Hit||55 (68.8%)|
|22 (30.6%)||Games w/2+ Hits||17 (21.3%)|
|25 (34.7%)||Games w/1+ Run||30 (37.5%)|
|9 (12.5%)||Games w/1+ HR||5 (6.3%)|
|24 (33.3%)||Games w/1+ RBI||22 (27.5%)|
Ready to bet on Taveras, the Rangers or any other MLB action on Sunday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.