Currently sitting at 29 homers, Marcus Semien will be looking to club his 30th bomb of the year against starter Justin Verlander on Friday, October 20, when the Texas Rangers square off against the Houston Astros at Globe Life Field. First pitch is scheduled for 5:07 PM ET.
Looking to bet on Semien ahead of his matchup on Friday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Semien
Get the latest odds for Semien and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Houston Astros
- Verlander (13-8) will take the mound for the Astros, his 28th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, when he threw 6 2/3 innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- Among qualified pitchers this campaign, the 40-year-old’s 3.22 ERA ranks ninth, 1.133 WHIP ranks 14th, and 8 K/9 ranks 34th.
- The Astros strike out 9.1 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, seventh-best in MLB.
- Astros pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.95 this year, eighth-best in baseball.
- The Astros rank 14th in MLB with a combined 1.281 WHIP this season.
- The Astros have allowed 201 home runs this season, or 1.2 per game. That ranks 22nd in MLB.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Semien or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Marcus Semien Stats vs. the Astros
Semien Stats and Trends
- Semien has picked up a hit in 124 of 171 games this season, with multiple hits in 55 of them.
- In 26 of 171 games this season, he has hit a home run (15.2%). He’s taken the pitcher deep in 3.9% of his trips to the dish.
- He has touched home plate at least one time 96 times this season in 171 games played (56.1%), including 23 games with more than one run (13.5%).
- Semien has notched at least one RBI 69 times this season in 171 games played (40.4%), including 22 times driving in multiple runs (12.9%). He has also knocked in three or more of his team’s runs in eight contests.
- He has fanned 89 times this season in 171 tries (52.0%), including punching out on multiple occasions in 15.2% of games (26 times).
|59 (70.2%)||Games w/1+ Hit||65 (74.7%)|
|29 (34.5%)||Games w/2+ Hits||26 (29.9%)|
|50 (59.5%)||Games w/1+ Run||46 (52.9%)|
|15 (17.9%)||Games w/1+ HR||11 (12.6%)|
|34 (40.5%)||Games w/1+ RBI||35 (40.2%)|
Ready to bet on Semien, the Rangers or any other MLB action on Friday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.