Globe Life Field is where Leody Taveras and the Texas Rangers will face off against starter Jose Urquidy and the Houston Astros on Thursday, October 19 at 8:03 PM ET.
Looking to place a bet on Taveras ahead of his matchup on Thursday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Taveras
Get the latest odds for Taveras and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Houston Astros
- The Astros will send Urquidy (3-3) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, Oct. 11, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 16 games this season with a 5.29 ERA, 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings and a batting average against of .251.
- The Astros strike out 9.1 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, seventh-best in MLB.
- The Astros have the eighth-best ERA (3.95) in the majors this season.
- Astros pitchers have a 1.281 WHIP this season, 14th in the majors.
- The Astros have given up 201 home runs so far this season (the 22nd-ranked total in MLB play).
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Taveras or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Leody Taveras Stats vs. the Astros
Taveras Stats and Trends
- Taveras has a hit in 64.0% of his games this season (96 of 150), and he posted more than one hit in 39 of them (26.0%).
- In 9.3% of his games this season, he has hit a home run (14 of 150). He’s taken the pitcher deep in 2.5% of his trips to the plate during the 2023 campaign.
- In 55 of 150 contests this season (36.7%), he has scored, and 15 of those games (10.0%) included a performance that produced two or more runs scored.
- In 30.7% of his 150 games this season, Taveras has plated a run (46 times). Also, he’s notched 16 games with multiple RBI in 2023 (10.7%) and plated three or more of his team’s runs in seven contests.
- In 52.7% of his contests this season (79 of 150), he has gone down on strikes one or more times. In 33 of those games (22.0%), he registered two or more punchouts.
|41 (58.6%)||Games w/1+ Hit||55 (68.8%)|
|22 (31.4%)||Games w/2+ Hits||17 (21.3%)|
|25 (35.7%)||Games w/1+ Run||30 (37.5%)|
|9 (12.9%)||Games w/1+ HR||5 (6.3%)|
|24 (34.3%)||Games w/1+ RBI||22 (27.5%)|
Ready to bet on Taveras, the Rangers or any other MLB action on Thursday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.