Currently sitting at 29 home runs, Marcus Semien will be looking to swat his 30th bomb of the season against starter Jose Urquidy on Thursday, October 19, when the Texas Rangers play the Houston Astros at Globe Life Field. First pitch is set for 8:03 PM ET.
Looking to put down a bet on Semien ahead of his matchup on Thursday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Semien
Get the latest odds for Semien and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Houston Astros
- The Astros’ Urquidy (3-3) will make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, Oct. 11, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 5.29, a 1.8 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.429 in 16 games this season.
- The Astros strike out 9.1 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, seventh-best in MLB.
- The Astros have pitched to a 3.95 this season, which ranks eighth in baseball.
- The Astros have a combined WHIP of 1.281 as a pitching staff, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Astros have allowed 201 home runs this season, or 1.2 per game. That ranks 22nd in MLB play.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Semien or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Marcus Semien Stats vs. the Astros
Semien Stats and Trends
- Semien has picked up a hit in 72.4% of his 170 games this season, with more than one hit in 32.4% of those contests (55).
- He has homered in 15.3% of his games in 2023 (26 of 170), which amounts to 3.9% of his trips to the dish.
- He has touched home plate in 56.5% of his 170 games this year. That includes two or more runs scored in 13.5% of those contests (23).
- Semien has notched an RBI in 69 of 170 games this season, including multiple RBI in 22 of them. He has also plated three or more of his team’s runs in eight contests.
- In 52.4% of his contests this year (89 of 170), he has struck out at least once. In 26 of those games (15.3%), he registered two or more strikeouts.
|58 (69.9%)||Games w/1+ Hit||65 (74.7%)|
|29 (34.9%)||Games w/2+ Hits||26 (29.9%)|
|50 (60.2%)||Games w/1+ Run||46 (52.9%)|
|15 (18.1%)||Games w/1+ HR||11 (12.6%)|
|34 (41.0%)||Games w/1+ RBI||35 (40.2%)|
Ready to bet on Semien, the Rangers or any other MLB action on Thursday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.