Yordan Alvarez and the Houston Astros face off against starter Max Scherzer and the Texas Rangers at 8:03 PM ET on Wednesday, October 18 at Globe Life Field.
Looking to bet on Alvarez ahead of his matchup on Wednesday? Keep reading for everything you need to know, then head over to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your bets!
Player Prop Odds for Alvarez
Get the latest odds for Alvarez and place your bets with DraftKings Sportsbook! Use our link to get a great deposit bonus offer for new users.
Stats and Trends for the Texas Rangers
- The Rangers will send Scherzer (13-6) to the mound for his 28th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, Sept. 12, when he threw 5 1/3 scoreless innings while allowing three hits against the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 39-year-old has pitched in 27 games this season with an ERA of 3.77, a 3.87 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.120.
- The Rangers strike out 8.5 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 22nd in MLB.
- The Rangers have pitched to a 4.29 this season, which ranks 18th in baseball.
- Rangers pitchers have a 1.271 WHIP this season, 12th in the majors.
- With 198 homers allowed, the Rangers rank 18th in the league at preventing long balls.
Looking for a different way to play? Try FanDuel Daily Fantasy! Build a lineup with Alvarez or any other players you’d like, and the better they do, the more you could potentially win. Sign up here to get the best promotion for new players at FanDuel.
Yordan Alvarez Stats vs. the Rangers
Alvarez Stats and Trends
- Alvarez has picked up a hit in 75.0% of his 120 games this year, with multiple hits in 25.0% of those games (30).
- He has gone yard in 33 games this season, going deep in 6.3% of his trips to the plate.
- He has touched home plate at least one time 66 times this season in 120 games played (55.0%), including 17 games with more than one run (14.2%).
- Alvarez has notched an RBI in 57 of 120 games this year, including multiple RBI in 32 of them. He has also driven in three or more of his team’s runs in 11 contests.
- He has fanned 72 times this season in 120 games played (60.0%), including 22 times striking out multiple times (18.3%).
|47 (74.6%)||Games w/1+ Hit||43 (75.4%)|
|13 (20.6%)||Games w/2+ Hits||17 (29.8%)|
|31 (49.2%)||Games w/1+ Run||35 (61.4%)|
|13 (20.6%)||Games w/1+ HR||20 (35.1%)|
|27 (42.9%)||Games w/1+ RBI||30 (52.6%)|
Ready to bet on Alvarez, the Astros or any other MLB action on Wednesday? Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook to get the best new user offer and start playing today!
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.