The Lendingtree Bowl will see the Southern Miss Golden Eagles meet the Rice Owls. The Golden Eagles () take to the field against the Owls ( on the moneyline to win) on December 17, 2022 at 5:45 PM ET on ESPN. Sportsbooks have set a total of points for the game.
The betting facts in the article below reflect odds as of December 17, 2022 at 12:23 PM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Southern Miss Vs. Rice Odds
|Southern Miss (-6.5)||Over (45.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Southern Miss||Stats (Rank)||Rice|
|24.3 (94)||Points Per Game||25.3 (85)|
|23.5 (43)||Points Per Game Against||33.8 (119)|
|209.1 (93)||Pass Yards||227.1 (70)|
|225.4 (72)||Pass Yards Against||210.3 (45)|
|122.7 (103)||Rush Yards||142.9 (75)|
|142.3 (50)||Rush Yards Against||166.8 (91)|
|23 (121)||Giveaways||30 (131)|
|19 (29)||Takeaways||15 (71)|
Southern Miss Vs. Rice Betting Insights
Southern Miss Stats And Trends
- Southern Miss’ record against the spread is 9-3-0.
- Southern Miss has covered every time (1-0) as a 6.5-point favorite or greater this year.
- Out of 12 Southern Miss games so far this season, seven have hit the over.
- The Golden Eagles and their opponent have broken the 45.5-point mark seven times this year.
- The total for this game is 45.5, 2.5 points fewer than the average total in Golden Eagles games thus far this season.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
Rice has a 2-0 advantage over Southern Miss in the last two matchups between these two squads. Rice outscored Southern Miss 54-25 in those two head-to-head matchups.
Rice Stats And Trends
- Rice has seven wins in 12 contests against the spread this year.
- Rice’s ATS record as 6.5-point underdogs or greater is 4-3.
- There have been eight Rice games (out of 12) that hit the over this year.
- Owls games have gone over 45.5 points on 10 occasions this season.
- The average total for Owls games is 55.4 points, 9.9 more than this game’s over/under.
Southern Miss Players To Watch
- Zach Wilcke has 1,163 passing yards (145.4 ypg) to lead Southern Miss, completing 57.4% of his passes and collecting nine touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season.
- Frank Gore Jr.’s team-high 1,053 rushing yards (87.8 per game) have come on 207 carries, with seven touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 19 catches for 219 yards (18.3 per game).
- This season Janari Dean has piled up 179 yards (19.9 per game) on 58 attempts with three touchdowns.
- Jason Brownlee’s 819 receiving yards (68.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 52 receptions with seven touchdowns.
- Jakarius Caston has racked up 352 receiving yards (44.0 yards per game) and four touchdowns, hauling in 27 passes this year.
- Tiaquelin Mims has hauled in 22 catches for 350 yards (43.8 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Rice Players To Watch
- TJ McMahon has 2,102 passing yards (210.2 ypg) to lead Rice, completing 60.2% of his passes and throwing 18 touchdown passes and 14 interceptions this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 152 rushing yards (15.2 ypg) on 65 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Cameron Montgomery has carried the ball 86 times for a team-high 498 yards (41.5 per game) this year.
- This season Juma Otoviano has piled up 391 yards (35.5 per game) on 65 carries with one touchdown.
- Brad Rozner’s team-high 834 receiving yards (69.5 yards per game) have come on 41 receptions with nine touchdowns.
- Luke McCaffrey has put together a 656-yard season so far (72.9 receiving yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 51 passes.
- Isaiah Esdale’s 39 receptions have turned into 461 yards (46.1 ypg).