The Easypost Hawai’i Bowl will see the San Diego State Aztecs battle the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders. The Blue Raiders (moneyline odds to win) will take to the field against the Aztecs ( ) on December 24, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN. Sportsbooks have set a point total of points for the matchup.
The betting facts in the following article are based off odds valid as of December 24, 2022 at 8:23 PM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
San Diego State Vs. Middle Tennessee Odds
|Middle Tennessee (+7)||Over (47)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|San Diego State||Stats (Rank)||Middle Tennessee|
|21.3 (109)||Points Per Game||29.2 (59)|
|20.2 (21)||Points Per Game Against||28.1 (82)|
|170.9 (119)||Pass Yards||267.2 (32)|
|206.6 (37)||Pass Yards Against||291.3 (129)|
|150.6 (67)||Rush Yards||123.3 (99)|
|128.8 (36)||Rush Yards Against||121.9 (28)|
|19 (92)||Giveaways||17 (71)|
|18 (42)||Takeaways||26 (5)|
San Diego State Vs. Middle Tennessee Betting Insights
San Diego State Stats And Trends
- San Diego State has five wins in 12 games against the spread this year.
- San Diego State has won twice ATS (2-2) as a 7-point or bigger favorite this season.
- Out of 12 San Diego State games so far this season, five have gone over the total.
- Aztecs games have finished with more than 47 points four times so far this year.
- The over/under for this game is 47 points, 3.4 more than the average point total for Aztecs games this season.
Middle Tennessee Stats And Trends
- Against the spread, Middle Tennessee is 5-7-0 this year.
- As a 7-point underdog or greater, Middle Tennessee has two wins ATS (2-2).
- Middle Tennessee has played 12 games this season, and seven of them have gone over the total.
- So far this season, 10 Blue Raiders games have featured more than 47 points scored.
- This season, Blue Raiders games have resulted in an average scoring total of 58.0, which is 11.0 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
San Diego State Players To Watch
- Jalen Mayden has thrown for 1,721 yards (191.2 ypg) to lead San Diego State, completing 62.9% of his passes and tossing 10 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 205 rushing yards (22.8 ypg) on 57 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Jordan Byrd’s team-high 389 rushing yards (32.4 per game) have come on 91 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Jaylon Armstead has racked up 52 carries for 313 yards (44.7 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Tyrell Shavers’ team-leading 581 receiving yards (48.4 yards per game) have come on 34 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Jesse Matthews has put together a 409-yard season so far (34.1 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns, reeling in 38 passes.
- Mekhi Shaw has hauled in 29 catches for 349 yards (34.9 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
Middle Tennessee Players To Watch
- Chase Cunningham leads Middle Tennessee with 2,926 passing yards (266.0 ypg) on 283-of-420 passing with 19 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions this season. He also adds 143 rushing yards (13.0 ypg) on 90 carries while scoring six touchdowns on the ground.
- Frank Peasant’s team-high 747 rushing yards (62.3 per game) have come on 165 carries, with nine touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 26 catches for 276 yards (23.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Darius Bracy has rushed for 257 yards (25.7 per game) on 63 carries with four touchdowns.
- Jaylin Lane’s 829 receiving yards (82.9 yards per game) lead the team. He has 59 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Izaiah Gathings has put up a 490-yard season so far (49.0 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in 53 passes.
- Yusuf Ali’s 48 grabs this season have resulted in 361 yards (30.1 ypg) and two touchdowns.