The Ticketsmarter Birmingham Bowl will see the East Carolina Pirates play the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. The Pirates () take to the field against the Chanticleers ( on the moneyline to win) on December 27, 2022 at 6:45 PM ET on ESPN. A point total of has been set for the matchup.
This article makes reference to betting data updated as of December 27, 2022 at 7:23 PM ET. Browse all the current odds for this matchup in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
East Carolina Vs. Coastal Carolina Odds
|Coastal Carolina (+7.5)||Under (66.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|East Carolina||Stats (Rank)||Coastal Carolina|
|30.8 (45)||Points Per Game||29.1 (61)|
|27.0 (73)||Points Per Game Against||30.1 (101)|
|288.5 (16)||Pass Yards||249.0 (49)|
|299.5 (131)||Pass Yards Against||281.7 (125)|
|170.5 (53)||Rush Yards||161.8 (57)|
|111.4 (20)||Rush Yards Against||130.7 (38)|
|7 (2)||Giveaways||12 (19)|
|16 (64)||Takeaways||19 (31)|
East Carolina Vs. Coastal Carolina Betting Insights
East Carolina Stats And Trends
- East Carolina’s record against the spread is 7-5-0.
- As 7.5-point favorites or more, East Carolina is 3-2 against the spread.
- This season, six of East Carolina’s 12 games have go over the point total.
- The Pirates and their opponent have broken the 66.5-point mark three times this year.
- The over/under in this game is 66.5 points, 9.8 higher than the average total in Pirates games this season.
Coastal Carolina Stats And Trends
- Against the spread, Coastal Carolina is 4-8-0 this year.
- Coastal Carolina is winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs this year.
- Coastal Carolina has played 12 games this season, and seven of them have hit the over.
- Chanticleers games have gone over 66.5 points scored only twice this season.
- Chanticleers games average 58.3 total points, 8.2 fewer than the total for this matchup.
East Carolina Players To Watch
- Holton Ahlers has thrown for 3,415 yards (284.6 ypg) to lead East Carolina, completing 67.1% of his passes and recording 23 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 125 rushing yards (10.4 ypg) on 64 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Keaton Mitchell has carried the ball 179 times for a team-high 1,325 yards (120.5 per game), with 13 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 25 catches for 237 yards (21.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Marlon Gunn Jr. has racked up 344 yards (34.4 per game) on 68 carries.
- Isaiah Winstead’s 1,008 receiving yards (84.0 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 82 receptions and four touchdowns.
- C.J. Johnson has caught 60 passes for 933 yards (77.8 yards per game) and nine touchdowns this year.
- Ryan Jones’ 41 receptions have yielded 413 yards (37.5 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Coastal Carolina Players To Watch
- Grayson McCall has thrown for 2,633 yards (263.3 ypg) to lead Coastal Carolina, completing 69.1% of his passes and collecting 24 touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 183 rushing yards (18.3 ypg) on 87 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, CJ Beasley, has carried the ball 135 times for 702 yards (58.5 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 19 passes for 183 yards (15.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Reese White has racked up 487 yards (54.1 per game) on 88 attempts with four touchdowns.
- Sam Pinckney’s team-leading 917 receiving yards (76.4 yards per game) have come on 67 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Jared Brown has put up a 782-yard season so far (65.2 receiving yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 47 passes.
- Tyson Mobley’s 36 grabs have netted him 478 yards (39.8 ypg) and five touchdowns.