The Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-5) and Georgia Southern Eagles (5-6) will face each other in clash of Sun Belt foes at Allen E. Paulson Stadium in Statesboro, Georgia. The Eagles,on the moneyline to win, and the Mountaineers, listed at on the spread, kick things off on November 26, 2022 at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Oddsmakers have listed the matchup’s total at .
The betting insights in what follows reflect odds as of November 26, 2022 at 6:25 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this matchup and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Appalachian State Vs. Georgia Southern Odds
|Georgia Southern (+6)||Under (66.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Appalachian State||Stats (Rank)||Georgia Southern|
|33.7 (30)||Points Per Game||32.1 (39)|
|24.5 (50)||Points Per Game Against||30.9 (107)|
|250.2 (44)||Pass Yards||322.0 (6)|
|203.8 (38)||Pass Yards Against||257.8 (105)|
|189.4 (38)||Rush Yards||144.7 (71)|
|132.5 (41)||Rush Yards Against||228.9 (130)|
|11 (18)||Giveaways||17 (89)|
|18 (28)||Takeaways||16 (45)|
Appalachian State Vs. Georgia Southern Betting Insights
Appalachian State Stats And Trends
- Appalachian State is 3-8-0 against the spread this year.
- Appalachian State has won twice ATS (2-5) as a 6-point or bigger favorite this year.
- This season, five of Appalachian State’s 11 games have go over the point total.
- Just once this season have the Mountaineers and their opponent combined for more than 66.5 points.
- Mountaineers games this season have posted an average total of 55.6, which is 10.9 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
Appalachian State has an edge against Georgia Southern in the last two matchups between these two squads, collecting a 2-0 record in those games. Appalachian State outscored Georgia Southern 61-29 in those two head-to-head matchups.
Georgia Southern Stats And Trends
- Against the spread, Georgia Southern is 6-5-0 this season.
- Georgia Southern has an ATS record of 3-2 as 6-point underdogs or more.
- Georgia Southern has played 11 games this year, and five of them have hit the over.
- Eagles games have gone over 66.5 points on four occasions this year.
- The over/under for this game is 3.7 points higher than the average scoring total for Eagles games (62.8).
Appalachian State Players To Watch
- Chase Brice leads Appalachian State with 2,662 passing yards (242.0 ypg) on 204-of-325 passing with 27 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Camerun Peoples has carried the ball 101 times for a team-high 599 yards (66.6 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- This season Nathaniel Noel has piled up 75 carries for 433 yards (48.1 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Christian Horn’s 565 receiving yards (56.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 32 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Dashaun Davis has caught 35 passes for 406 yards (36.9 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Kaedin Robinson has hauled in 22 catches for 386 yards (38.6 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Georgia Southern Players To Watch
- Kyle Vantrease leads Georgia Southern with 3,510 passing yards (319.1 ypg) on 308-of-507 passing with 22 touchdowns compared to 14 interceptions this season.
- Jalen White’s team-high 915 rushing yards (83.2 per game) have come on 162 carries, with 10 touchdowns this year. He’s also added 22 catches for 217 yards (19.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Gerald Green has rushed for 475 yards (47.5 per game) on 86 carries with six touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood’s 791 receiving yards (71.9 yards per game) lead the team. He has 70 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has hauled in 58 passes for 717 yards (71.7 yards per game) and seven touchdowns this year.
- Jeremy Singleton’s 56 receptions are good enough for 579 yards (57.9 ypg) and two touchdowns.