Southland foes match up when the SE Louisiana Lions (0-7) and the Northwestern State Demons (0-5) square off on Thursday, October 19, 2023 at Harry Turpin Stadium.
The Lions (-11.5) are big favorites in their matchup against the Demons. The over/under is 51 points.
Want to bet on SE Louisiana or Northwestern State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
SE Louisiana vs. Northwestern State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Northwestern State (+11.5)||Under (51)||SE Louisiana 24 Northwestern State 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
SE Louisiana vs. Northwestern State Betting Insights
SE Louisiana Stats and Trends
- SE Louisiana has won two games against the spread this season.
- SE Louisiana games have not hit the over yet this season.
- The Lions and their opponents have gone over 51 combined points in three of seven games this season.
- The average total in SE Louisiana’s outings this year is 60.0, 9.0 more points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
SE Louisiana holds an edge against Northwestern State over the last two matchups between these two squads, recording a 2-0 record in those games. The Lions and Demons have an even 1-1 record against the spread in those games with the two squads not outscoring the total once. SE Louisiana has had the scoring advantage in those two matchups, scoring 50 points while Northwestern State scored 31.
Northwestern State Stats and Trends
- Northwestern State has covered once in two matchups with a spread this year.
- The Demons have covered the spread once this year (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- Games featuring Northwestern State have hit the over once this year.
- Northwestern State’s matchups this season have a 57.0-point average over/under, 6.0 more points than this game’s point total.
SE Louisiana Players to Watch
- Eli Sawyer has posted 1,240 passing yards (177.1 YPG) with a 62.1% completion percentage (100-for-161) while registering six touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Harlan Dixon has taken 69 carries for a team-high 243 rushing yards (34.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns. He’s also reeled in 23 passes for 272 yards .
- So far this season Zachary Clement has rushed for 207 yards (29.6 per game), with two touchdowns.
- Darius Lewis has 32 catches (35 targets) and paces his team with 376 receiving yards (53.7 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Xavier Hill has 246 receiving yards on 16 receptions (17 targets), averaging 35.1 yards per game.
Northwestern State Players to Watch
- Quaterius Hawkins has 488 passing yards (97.6 per game) with a 56.6% completion percentage (56-for-99), throwing for one touchdown with four interceptions. He also has 75 rushing yards on 26 carries.
- Scooter Adams has picked up a team-best 157 rushing yards (31.4 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Darius Boone Jr. has 131 yards on 42 carries (26.2 yards per game).
- Jaren Mitchell has hauled in 14 receptions for 151 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 30.2 receiving yards per game.
- Zach Patterson has hauled in 17 catches for 138 yards (27.6 per game).
- Travon Jones is averaging 27.2 receiving yards per game, racking up 13 receptions (15 targets) for 136 yards.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.