A matchup of MAC teams features the Central Michigan Chippewas (4-3) taking on the Ball State Cardinals (1-6) on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Scheumann Stadium. The Chippewas are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 5 points. The over/under is set at 41 in the outing.
Want to bet on Central Michigan or Ball State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Central Michigan vs. Ball State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Central Michigan (-5)||Over (41)||Central Michigan 29 Ball State 18|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Central Michigan||Ball State|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||22.7 (98)||15.0 (129)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||30.6 (109)||30.7 (110)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||9 (72)||10 (91)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||4 (122)||5 (109)|
Central Michigan vs. Ball State Betting Insights
Central Michigan Stats and Trends
- Central Michigan has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Chippewas have not covered the spread when favored by 5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- A total of four out of seven Central Michigan games this season have hit the over.
- Chippewas games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 41 points five times.
- CMU has an average total of 47.3 in their games this year, 6.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the past three matchups between these two teams, Ball State has the edge with a 2-1 record over Central Michigan. In those games against the Chippewas, the Cardinals have a 2-1 record against the spread with those games going over the total on one occasion. Ball State scored 79 points in those three matchups compared to Central Michigan’s 73.
Ball State Stats and Trends
- Ball State has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Cardinals have covered the spread once when an underdog by 5 points or more this season (in four opportunities).
- In 2023, three Ball State games have hit the over.
- The Cardinals have combined with their opponent to score more than 41 points in five of seven games this season.
- Ball State’s outings this season have a 49.7-point average over/under, 8.7 more points than this game’s total.
Central Michigan Players to Watch
- Jase Bauer has thrown for 1,060 yards while completing 57.8% of his passes (96-of-166), with four touchdowns and six interceptions this year (151.4 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 60 times for 200 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 28.6 yards per game.
- Myles Bailey has racked up a team-high 360 rushing yards (51.4 yards per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- So far this year Marion Lukes has rushed for 202 yards on 54 carries (28.9 ypg), with one rushing touchdown. Lukes also helps out in the passing game, catching 18 passes for 186 yards (26.6 ypg).
- Jesse Prewitt III has 24 catches and paces his team with 356 receiving yards (59.3 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Chris Parker has hauled in 16 catches for 265 yards (44.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Tyson Davis has 186 receiving yards on 14 receptions, with two touchdowns, averaging 31.0 yards per game.
Ball State Players to Watch
- This season, Layne Hatcher has collected 566 passing yards (113.2 yards per game) while completing 62 of 95 passes (65.3% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and zero interceptions.
- Marquez Cooper has rushed for a team-leading 422 yards on 95 attempts (60.3 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He also averages 18.4 receiving yards per game, grabbing 13 passes for 129 yards.
- Kiael Kelly has run for 279 yards on 50 carries (39.9 yards per game) this year.
- This season Qian Magwood has 27 receptions for a team-high 260 receiving yards (43.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tanner Koziol has also chipped in with 27 receptions for 217 yards and two touchdowns.
- Ahmad Edwards has collected 212 yards on 16 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 35.3 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.