The Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-3) will square off against a fellow AAC opponent, the Rice Owls (3-3) in a matchup on Thursday, October 19, 2023 at Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium. The Owls will try to pull off an upset as 3.5-point underdogs. The over/under in this outing is 56.5 points.
Want to bet on Tulsa or Rice in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Tulsa vs. Rice Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Tulsa (-3.5)||Over (56.5)||Tulsa 36 Rice 23|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||26.0 (100)||32.7 (60)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||29.3 (82)||30.3 (90)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||14 (129)||7 (47)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||11 (19)||5 (108)|
Tulsa vs. Rice Betting Insights
Tulsa Stats and Trends
- Tulsa is 3-2-1 ATS this season.
- The Golden Hurricane have covered the spread once when favored by 3.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- So far this season, two Tulsa games have hit the over.
- Cane games have gone over 56.5 points twice this season (in six outings).
- Tulsa’s matchups this year have an average total of 57.2, 0.7 more points than this game’s over/under.
Rice Stats and Trends
- Rice has put together a 4-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Owls have won each of their two games this season when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- In 2023, four Rice games have gone over the point total.
- The Owls have combined with their opponents to score more than 56.5 points in four of six games this season.
- The average over/under for Rice’s outings this season is 53.3, 3.2 fewer points than this game’s total.
Tulsa Players to Watch
- Cardell Williams has passed for 955 yards while completing 60.8% of his throws (62-of-102), with eight touchdowns and seven interceptions (159.2 yards per game). He’s also rushed 37 times for 110 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 18.3 yards per game.
- Anthony Watkins has 93 carries for a team-high 367 rushing yards (61.2 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jordan Ford has 240 yards on 58 carries (40.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Marquis Shoulders has 16 catches, leading his team with 283 yards (56.6 ypg) while scoring five touchdowns this season.
- Devan Williams has also added 19 catches for 274 yards and two touchdowns this year. He puts up 45.7 receiving yards per game.
- Kamdyn Benjamin has caught 13 passes for 222 yards, averaging 37.0 yards per game this year.
Rice Players to Watch
- This year, JT Daniels has racked up 1,831 passing yards (305.2 yards per game) while going 131-for-206 (63.6% completion percentage) and throwing 15 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Dean Connors has taken 41 carries for a team-leading 180 rushing yards (30.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He’s also caught 24 passes for 306 yards with two touchdowns through the air.
- So far this year Juma Otoviano has rushed for 127 yards on 38 carries (21.2 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Luke McCaffrey has 30 catches and paces his team with 514 receiving yards (85.7 ypg) while scoring six touchdowns.
- This season Rawson Macneill is averaging 47.2 yards per game, with 18 catches for 236 yards and two touchdowns.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.