The Bowling Green Falcons (3-4) will play a fellow MAC opponent, the Akron Zips (1-6) in a matchup on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Doyt L. Perry Stadium. The Falcons are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 7.5 points. The over/under is 37.5 in the outing.
Want to bet on Bowling Green or Akron in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Bowling Green vs. Akron Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Bowling Green (-7.5)||Over (37.5)||Bowling Green 33 Akron 11|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||19.6 (111)||15.6 (128)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||26.6 (88)||27.7 (98)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||15 (132)||13 (123)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||13 (6)||10 (36)|
Bowling Green vs. Akron Betting Insights
Bowling Green Stats and Trends
- Bowling Green has covered four times in seven matchups with a spread this season.
- The Falcons have been favored by 7.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- So far this season, three of Bowling Green’s seven games have gone over the point total.
- In five games this season, the Falcons and their opponents have gone over 37.5 total points.
- BG’s games this year have an average total of 47.7, 10.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Akron holds an edge against Bowling Green in the last three matchups between these two squads, putting together a 2-1 record in those games. The Zips have a 3-0 record against the spread in those games against the Falcons, with the two squads going over the total on two occasions. Akron scored 94 points in those three matchups compared to Bowling Green’s 54.
Akron Stats and Trends
- Akron has covered three times in seven matchups with a spread this year.
- The Zips have covered the spread three times this season (3-1 ATS) when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- So far this season, two Akron games have gone over the point total.
- The Zips have played five games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 37.5 points.
- Akron’s average game total this season has been 47.9, 10.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Bowling Green Players to Watch
- This season, Connor Bazelak has collected 821 passing yards (136.8 yards per game) while completing 75 of 130 passes (57.7% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and six interceptions.
- Terion Stewart has rushed for a team-high 539 yards on 91 attempts (77.0 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- Taron Keith has 118 yards on 19 carries (16.9 ypg), with one rushing touchdown. He also has 21 catches for 196 yards (28.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Odieu Hiliare has racked up 21 receptions for 226 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 32.3 receiving yards per game.
- Austin Osborne has totaled 194 yards on 16 receptions, averaging 32.3 yards per game.
Akron Players to Watch
- DJ Irons has thrown for 722 yards while completing 66.2% of his passes (88-of-133), with three touchdowns and three interceptions this year (144.4 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 60 times for 225 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 45.0 yards per game.
- Lorenzo Lingard has taken 66 carries for a team-leading 332 rushing yards (47.4 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He’s also caught 19 passes for 195 yards with one touchdown through the air.
- Jasaiah Gathings has 25 catches, leading his team with 234 yards (33.4 ypg) this season.
- Daniel George has hauled in 24 catches for 224 yards (32.0 yards per game).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.