The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-2) will meet their CUSA-rival, the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (5-2) in a matchup on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium. The Hilltoppers are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 7.5 points. The over/under in this contest is 60.5 points.
Want to bet on Western Kentucky or Jacksonville State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Western Kentucky vs. Jacksonville State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Jacksonville State (+7.5)||Under (60.5)||Western Kentucky 28 Jacksonville State 25|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Western Kentucky||Jacksonville State|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||32.2 (61)||28.0 (57)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||29.0 (79)||19.4 (35)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||8 (64)||7 (49)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||16 (1)||14 (3)|
Western Kentucky vs. Jacksonville State Betting Insights
Western Kentucky Stats and Trends
- Western Kentucky has compiled a 4-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Hilltoppers have covered the spread once when favored by 7.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Western Kentucky and its opponent have combined to hit the over three out of six times this season.
- In four games this season, the Toppers and their opponents have scored more than 60.5 combined points.
- WKU has an average point total of 63.2 in their outings this year, 2.7 more points than this game’s over/under.
Jacksonville State Stats and Trends
- Jacksonville State has covered five times in seven games with a spread this year.
- The Gamecocks have been an underdog by 7.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Jacksonville State games have hit the over twice this season.
- The Gamecocks and their opponents have combined to score more than 60.5 points twice this season.
- The average over/under for Jax State’s matchups this season is 52.8, 7.7 fewer points than this game’s total.
Western Kentucky Players to Watch
- Austin Reed has passed for 1,658 yards while completing 60.8% of his throws (149-of-245), with 14 touchdowns and three interceptions (276.3 yards per game). He’s also rushed 24 times for 74 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 12.3 yards per game.
- Markese Stepp has rushed for a team-leading 180 yards on 36 carries (36.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- So far this year L.T. Sanders has run for 127 yards on 20 carries (25.4 ypg).
- This season Malachi Corley has 37 receptions for a team-high 543 receiving yards (108.6 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Easton Messer’s stat line this year shows 24 catches for 299 yards and three touchdowns. He averages 49.8 receiving yards per game.
- Jimmy Holiday has caught 10 passes for 136 yards and one touchdown, averaging 34.0 yards per game this year.
Jacksonville State Players to Watch
- Logan Smothers has thrown for 638 yards while completing 56.9% of his passes (58-of-102), with five touchdowns and two interceptions this year (91.1 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 65 times for 253 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 36.1 yards per game.
- Malik Jackson has racked up a team-best 578 rushing yards (82.6 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Perry Carter has 18 catches and paces his team with 325 receiving yards (54.2 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Quinton Lane has also chipped in with 167 yards on 14 catches and one touchdown. He averages 27.8 receiving yards per game this year.
- Sean Brown has 148 receiving yards on 11 receptions, with two touchdowns, averaging 37.0 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.