Two of the country’s toughest pass defenses battle when the Northern Illinois Huskies (3-4) bring college football’s ninth-ranked passing D into a matchup with the Eastern Michigan Eagles (4-3), who have the No. 21 unit, on Saturday, October 21, 2023. The Huskies are major, 12-point favorites. The over/under is set at 43.5 in the outing.
Want to bet on Northern Illinois or Eastern Michigan in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Northern Illinois vs. Eastern Michigan Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Northern Illinois (-12)||Under (43.5)||Northern Illinois 29 Eastern Michigan 14|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Northern Illinois||Eastern Michigan|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||24.9 (80)||19.0 (113)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.4 (63)||19.4 (33)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||9 (72)||6 (29)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||10 (36)||7 (80)|
Northern Illinois vs. Eastern Michigan Betting Insights
Northern Illinois Stats and Trends
- Northern Illinois has won four games against the spread this season, while failing to cover three times.
- Northern Illinois games have hit the over four out of seven times this season.
- The Huskies seven games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 43.5 points four times.
- NIU has an average total of 48.9 in their outings this year, 5.4 more points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Northern Illinois holds an edge against Eastern Michigan in the last three matchups between these two teams, putting together a 2-1 record in those games. In those games against the Eagles, the Huskies have a 2-1 record against the spread with those games eclipsing the point total on one occasion. Northern Illinois outscored Eastern Michigan 99-71 in those three head-to-head matchups.
Eastern Michigan Stats and Trends
- Eastern Michigan has compiled a 4-3-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Eagles have been an underdog by 12 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- In 2023, three Eastern Michigan games have gone over the point total.
- The Eagles and their opponents have scored more than 43.5 combined points twice this season.
- EMU’s games this year have had a 47.5-point total on average, 4.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Northern Illinois Players to Watch
- Rocky Lombardi leads the team with 1,187 passing yards (169.6 yards per game) and has a 57.1% completion percentage this year (97-of-170) while throwing six touchdowns with four interceptions.
- Antario Brown has run for a team-high 648 yards on 105 attempts (92.6 yards per game) and five touchdowns.
- So far this year Gavin Williams has run for 197 yards on 48 carries (28.1 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has 20 catches, leading his team with 313 yards (52.2 ypg) while hauling in two touchdowns this season.
- Grayson Barnes’ stat line this year shows 11 catches for 211 yards and two touchdowns. He puts up 30.1 receiving yards per game.
- This season Davis Patterson has caught 13 passes for 160 yards, averaging 26.7 receiving yards per game.
Eastern Michigan Players to Watch
- Austin Smith has passed for 952 yards while completing 57.3% of his throws (94-of-164), with six touchdowns and three interceptions (136.0 yards per game). He’s also rushed 67 times for 119 yards and one touchdown, averaging 17.0 yards per game.
- Jaylon Jackson has churned out a team-high 340 rushing yards (48.6 yards per game) and scored one touchdown.
- Samson Evans has 331 yards on 74 carries (47.3 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Tanner Knue has 30 catches and paces his team with 295 receiving yards (49.2 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Hamze Elzayat has also contributed with 11 catches for 186 yards and two touchdowns this year. He averages 31.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season JB Mitchell III has caught 18 passes for 174 yards and one touchdown, averaging 29.0 receiving yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.