The South Alabama Jaguars (3-3) will face off against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-5) in Sun Belt action on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at Hancock Whitney Stadium. The Golden Eagles are currently heavy, 18.5-point underdogs. An over/under of 51 points has been set for the outing.
Want to bet on South Alabama or Southern Miss in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
South Alabama vs. Southern Miss Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|South Alabama (-18.5)||Over (51)||South Alabama 42 Southern Miss 15|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|South Alabama||Southern Miss|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||32.2 (61)||23.7 (105)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.2 (33)||35.3 (109)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||8 (64)||6 (29)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||10 (35)||6 (97)|
South Alabama vs. Southern Miss Betting Insights
South Alabama Stats and Trends
- South Alabama has covered twice in six matchups with a spread this season.
- The Jaguars have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 18.5-point favorites.
- A total of four out of six South Alabama games this season have gone over the point total.
- Jags games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 51 points five times.
- USA’s outings this year have an average total of 51.0, the same as this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the past four matchups between these two squads, South Alabama holds a 4-0 advantage over Southern Miss. The Jaguars have a 3-1 record against the spread in those games against the Golden Eagles, with the two squads outscoring the point total on one occasion. South Alabama outscored Southern Miss 122-69 in those four head-to-head matchups.
Southern Miss Stats and Trends
- Southern Miss has covered just once in six games with a spread this season.
- The Golden Eagles have not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 18.5-point underdogs.
- In Southern Miss’ six contests this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total four times.
- Golden Eagles games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 51 points in four of six outings.
- Southern Miss’ contests this season have a 52.0-point average over/under, 1.0 more point than this game’s total.
South Alabama Players to Watch
- Carter Bradley has thrown for 1,456 yards while completing 65.7% of his passes (117-of-178), with 11 touchdowns and five interceptions this year (242.7 yards per game).
- La’Damian Webb has picked up a team-high 476 rushing yards (79.3 yards per game) and scored eight touchdowns.
- Kentrel Bullock has 285 yards on 59 carries (47.5 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Caullin Lacy has racked up 39 receptions for 723 yards, best on his team, and six touchdowns. He averages 120.5 receiving yards per game.
- Jamaal Pritchett has hauled in 19 catches for 251 yards (50.2 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Damarcus Thomas has caught nine passes for 103 yards, averaging 25.8 yards per game this year.
Southern Miss Players to Watch
- Billy Wiles has thrown for 1,254 yards while completing 53% of his passes (107-of-202), with seven touchdowns and five interceptions this year (209.0 yards per game).
- Frank Gore Jr. has churned out a team-best 397 rushing yards (66.2 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Rodrigues Clark has 356 yards on 50 carries (59.3 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Jakarius Caston has hauled in 21 receptions for 334 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He averages 55.7 receiving yards per game.
- Latreal Jones’ stat line this year shows 23 catches for 324 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 64.8 receiving yards per game.
- This season Tiaquelin Mims is averaging 34.8 yards per game, with 18 catches for 209 yards and one touchdown.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.