The Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-4) will face off against a fellow Big 12 foe, the BYU Cougars (4-2) in a matchup on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at LaVell Edwards Stadium. The spread foreshadows a close game, with the Red Raiders favored to win by 2.5 points. The over/under is 49.5 in the contest.
Want to bet on Texas Tech or BYU in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Texas Tech vs. BYU Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Texas Tech (-2.5)||Over (49.5)||Texas Tech 32 BYU 24|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||32.3 (29)||27.7 (89)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||25.1 (81)||26.0 (62)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||10 (91)||6 (29)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||7 (80)||11 (20)|
Texas Tech vs. BYU Betting Insights
Texas Tech Stats and Trends
- Texas Tech is 3-4-0 ATS this season.
- The Red Raiders have covered the spread twice this season (2-2 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- In Texas Tech’s seven games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total three times.
- In five of seven games this season, the Raiders and their opponents have combined to score more than 49.5 points.
- Texas Tech’s matchups this year have an average total of 59.7, 10.2 more points than this game’s over/under.
BYU Stats and Trends
- BYU has a record of 2-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have been an underdog by 2.5 points or more three times this year, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- So far this season, five of BYU’s six games with a set number have gone over the point total.
- The Cougs have played five games this season that ended with a combined score higher than 49.5 points.
- The average total for BYU’s games this season is 49.3 points, 0.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Texas Tech Players to Watch
- Tyler Shough leads the team with 746 passing yards (149.2 yards per game) and has a 59.3% completion percentage this year (67-of-113) while throwing seven touchdowns with four interceptions. He also has 149 rushing yards on 48 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 29.8 yards per game.
- Tahj Brooks has taken 131 attempts for a team-leading 786 rushing yards (112.3 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- So far this year Cam’Ron Valdez has rushed for 169 yards on 23 carries (33.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Myles Price has racked up 31 receptions for 304 yards, best on his team, and four touchdowns. He averages 43.4 receiving yards per game.
- Jerand Bradley has hauled in 27 catches for 298 yards (42.6 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- This season Xavier White is averaging 31.3 yards per game, with 19 catches for 219 yards.
BYU Players to Watch
- Kedon Slovis has passed for 1,392 yards while completing 56.8% of his throws (113-of-199), with 10 touchdowns and four interceptions (232.0 yards per game).
- LJ Martin has racked up a team-high 345 rushing yards (57.5 yards per game) and scored four touchdowns.
- Miles Davis has rushed for 64 yards on 14 carries (32.0 yards per game) this year.
- This season Chase Roberts has 27 receptions for a team-high 421 receiving yards (70.2 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Isaac Rex has added 275 yards (on 19 catches) and one touchdown.
- Darius Lassiter has racked up 225 yards on 19 receptions with three touchdowns, averaging 45.0 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.