A pair of AAC teams square off when the East Carolina Pirates (1-5) take on the Charlotte 49ers (1-5) on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium. The Pirates are favored by 6.5 points. An over/under of 40.5 points has been set for the contest.
Want to bet on East Carolina or Charlotte in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
East Carolina vs. Charlotte Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Charlotte (+6.5)||Over (40.5)||East Carolina 24 Charlotte 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||19.2 (123)||15.3 (133)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||26.5 (65)||25.3 (59)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||9 (72)||9 (72)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||9 (49)||6 (98)|
East Carolina vs. Charlotte Betting Insights
East Carolina Stats and Trends
- East Carolina has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Pirates have covered the spread when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- So far this season, two East Carolina games have gone over the point total.
- Pirates games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 40.5 points five times.
- ECU has an average total of 48.5 in their contests this year, 8.0 more points than this game’s over/under.
Charlotte Stats and Trends
- Charlotte has put together a 3-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- The 49ers have covered the spread when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs in three of three games this season.
- This year, games featuring Charlotte have hit the over twice.
- 49ers games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 40.5 points in three of six outings.
- Charlotte’s games this year have had a 49.0-point total on average, 8.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
East Carolina Players to Watch
- This year, Alex Flinn has racked up 649 passing yards (108.2 yards per game) while going 61-for-125 (48.8% completion percentage) and throwing one touchdown and six interceptions.
- Rahjai Harris has racked up a team-best 250 rushing yards (41.7 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Mason Garcia has rushed for 215 yards on 45 carries (35.8 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- This season Chase Sowell has 22 catches and leads the team with 268 yards (53.6 per game).
- Jaylen Johnson’s stat line this year shows 22 catches for 213 yards. He puts up 35.5 receiving yards per game.
- Jsi Hatfield has caught 15 passes for 207 yards, averaging 34.5 yards per game this year.
Charlotte Players to Watch
- This year, Trexler Ivey has collected 601 passing yards (120.2 yards per game) while going 49-for-86 (57% completion percentage) and throwing two touchdowns and four interceptions.
- Jalon Jones has racked up a team-high 319 rushing yards (53.2 yards per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- Terron Kellman has run for 184 yards on 38 carries (36.8 yards per game) this year.
- Jack Hestera has 23 catches and paces his team with 286 receiving yards (57.2 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Jairus Mack’s stat line this year shows nine catches for 190 yards and one touchdown. He averages 38 receiving yards per game.
- Colin Weber is averaging 29.6 yards per game, racking up 15 receptions for 148 yards.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.