A matchup of CUSA teams features the Sam Houston Bearkats (0-6) squaring off against the Florida International Panthers (3-4) on Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at Elliot T. Bowers Stadium. The Bearkats are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 6 points. The over/under for the contest is 42 points.
Want to bet on Sam Houston or Florida International in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Sam Houston vs. Florida International Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Sam Houston (-6)||Over (42)||Sam Houston 26 Florida International 17|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Sam Houston||Florida International|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||11.2 (133)||19.7 (110)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||24.7 (56)||27.0 (95)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||7 (47)||12 (118)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||5 (108)||9 (47)|
Sam Houston vs. Florida International Betting Insights
Sam Houston Stats and Trends
- Sam Houston has won three games against the spread this season, while failing to cover three times.
- So far this season, two Sam Houston games have hit the over.
- The Bearkats and their opponents have scored a combined total of more than 42 points twice this season (in six games).
- Sam Houston’s games this season have had an average of 40.8 points, 1.2 fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Florida International Stats and Trends
- Florida International has put together a 3-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Panthers are 3-2 ATS this season when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- This year, games featuring Florida International have gone over the point total twice.
- The Panthers have played three games this season that finished with a combined score over 42 points.
- FIU’s average game total this season has been 49.6, 7.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Sam Houston Players to Watch
- Keegan Shoemaker has thrown for 1,016 yards while completing 61.5% of his passes (107-of-174), with six touchdowns and five interceptions this year (203.2 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 37 times for 103 yards, averaging 20.6 yards per game.
- John Gentry has taken 49 carries for a team-leading 141 rushing yards (28.2 yards per game). He’s also caught 12 passes for 125 yards with one touchdown through the air.
- Noah Smith has grabbed 38 passes for a team-best 308 yards while scoring three touchdowns. He averages 51.3 yards per game.
- Malik Phillips’ stat line this year shows 20 catches for 267 yards. He puts up 53.4 receiving yards per game.
Florida International Players to Watch
- This campaign, Keyone Jenkins has collected 1,474 passing yards (245.7 yards per game) while connecting on 96 of 166 passes (57.8% completion percentage), with five touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Shomari Lawrence has run for a team-leading 388 yards on 68 carries (55.4 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Kejon Owens has 297 yards on 45 carries (59.4 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Kris Mitchell has racked up 35 receptions for 636 yards, best on his team, and four touchdowns. He averages 90.9 receiving yards per game.
- Eric Rivers has tacked on 182 yards (on 12 catches).
- Josiah Miamen has totaled 111 yards on nine receptions, averaging 15.9 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.