The No. 24 Iowa Hawkeyes (6-1) and Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-3) meet with Floyd of Rosedale the prize on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Kinnick Stadium. The Hawkeyes are favored by 3.5 points. The over/under is 30.5 in the contest.
Want to bet on Iowa or Minnesota in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Iowa vs. Minnesota Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Iowa (-3.5)||Over (30.5)||Iowa 27 Minnesota 15|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||20.9 (105)||21.7 (118)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||14.9 (15)||26.7 (66)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||10 (91)||8 (61)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||10 (36)||10 (36)|
Iowa vs. Minnesota Betting Insights
Iowa Stats and Trends
- Iowa has covered four times in seven games with a spread this season.
- The Hawkeyes have been favored by 3.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in two of those games.
- This season, games featuring the Iowa have gone over the point total twice.
- Hawkeyes games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 30.5 points six times.
- Iowa has an average point total of 38.4 in their matchups this year, 7.9 more points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Iowa has a 3-0 advantage over Minnesota in the last three matchups between these two teams. The Hawkeyes have a 3-0 record against the spread in those games against the Golden Gophers, with the two squads outscoring the point total on one occasion. Iowa totaled 75 points in those three matchups compared to Minnesota’s 39.
Minnesota Stats and Trends
- Minnesota has covered just once in six chances against the spread this year.
- The Golden Gophers have been an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season twice, and failed to cover both times.
- Minnesota and its opponent have combined to go over the point total three out of six times this year.
- Gophers games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 30.5 points in five of six outings.
- Minnesota has a 46.4-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 15.9 more points than this game’s point total.
Iowa Players to Watch
- This year, Cade McNamara has collected 505 passing yards (101.0 yards per game) while completing 46 of 90 passes (51.1% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Leshon Williams has taken 75 carries for a team-leading 459 rushing yards (65.6 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Kaleb Johnson has run for 260 yards on 68 carries (65.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Erick All has 21 catches, leading his team with 299 yards (42.7 ypg) while also scoring three touchdowns this season.
- Luke Lachey has also added 131 yards on 10 catches. He averages 65.5 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Nico Ragaini is averaging 13.8 yards per game, with 10 catches for 83 yards.
Minnesota Players to Watch
- This year, Athan Kaliakmanis has put up 797 passing yards (132.8 yards per game) while going 76-for-136 (55.9% completion percentage) and throwing six touchdowns and six interceptions. He has added 83 rushing yards on 36 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 13.8 yards per game.
- Darius Taylor has racked up a team-best 532 rushing yards (133.0 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Sean Tyler has rushed for 199 yards on 46 carries (39.8 yards per game) this year.
- This season Daniel Jackson has 22 catches and leads the team with 286 yards (57.2 per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- Corey Crooms has contributed with 19 catches for 227 yards this year. He averages 45.4 receiving yards per game.
- Le’Meke Brockington has collected 73 yards on five receptions with one touchdown, averaging 24.3 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.