A matchup of Sun Belt teams features the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (4-2) taking on the Georgia State Panthers (5-1) on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Cajun Field. The Ragin’ Cajuns are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3 points. The over/under is set at 62 in the contest.
Want to bet on Louisiana or Georgia State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Louisiana vs. Georgia State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Georgia State (+3)||Under (62)||Georgia State 33 Louisiana 27|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||35.5 (44)||32.7 (61)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||29.2 (80)||23.8 (49)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||11 (104)||4 (11)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||7 (80)||8 (60)|
Louisiana vs. Georgia State Betting Insights
Louisiana Stats and Trends
- Louisiana has a record of 2-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have not covered the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Louisiana games have gone over the point total four out of six times this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns and their opponents have gone over 62 combined points in four of six games this season.
- The average point total in Louisiana’s matchups this year is 56.6, 5.4 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Louisiana has a 2-0 advantage over Georgia State in the past two matchups between these two teams. The Panthers are 2-0 against the spread in those games against the Ragin’ Cajuns while the two teams have gone over the total on one occasion. Louisiana put up 55 points in those two matchups compared to Georgia State’s 48.
Georgia State Stats and Trends
- Georgia State has covered four times in six chances against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have covered the spread when playing as at least 3-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- Georgia State and its opponent have combined to go over the point total three out of six times this year.
- The Panthers have played three games this season that finished with a point total above 62 points.
- Georgia State’s matchups this season have a 55.6-point average over/under, 6.4 fewer points than this game’s total.
Louisiana Players to Watch
- Zeon Chriss has thrown for 800 yards while completing 69.2% of his passes (63-of-91), with seven touchdowns and four interceptions this year (160.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 40 times for 327 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 65.4 yards per game.
- Jacob Kibodi has taken 51 attempts for a team-leading 439 rushing yards (73.2 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Robert Williams has 20 catches, leading his team with 267 yards (53.4 ypg) while also scoring three touchdowns this season.
- Jacob Bernard has added 211 yards on 16 catches. He puts up 35.2 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Peter Leblanc has caught 15 passes for 209 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 34.8 receiving yards per game.
Georgia State Players to Watch
- This year, Darren Grainger has recorded 1,421 passing yards (236.8 yards per game) while going 113-for-165 (68.5% completion percentage) and throwing eight touchdowns and two interceptions. He has tacked on 350 rushing yards on 70 carries with five touchdowns, averaging 58.3 yards per game.
- Marcus Carroll has taken 143 carries for a team-leading 742 rushing yards (123.7 yards per game) while scoring 10 touchdowns. He’s also caught 11 passes for 91 yards (15.2 receiving yards per game).
- Robert Lewis has grabbed 30 passes for a team-best 536 yards while scoring five touchdowns. He averages 89.3 yards per game.
- Tailique Williams’ stat line this year shows 21 catches for 397 yards and three touchdowns. He puts up 66.2 receiving yards per game.
- Jacari Carter has totaled 155 yards on 21 receptions, averaging 25.8 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.