The No. 8 Texas Longhorns (5-1) will face off against the Houston Cougars (3-3) in Big 12 action on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at TDECU Stadium. The Cougars are currently heavy, 23.5-point underdogs. An over/under of 60.5 points has been set for the contest.
Want to bet on Texas or Houston in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Texas vs. Houston Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Houston (+23.5)||Under (60.5)||Texas 37 Houston 19|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||35.0 (48)||29.7 (77)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||16.3 (11)||31.3 (89)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||6 (29)||3 (6)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||8 (60)||10 (36)|
Texas vs. Houston Betting Insights
Texas Stats and Trends
- Texas has won three games against the spread this season, while failing to cover three times.
- The Longhorns have not covered the spread this season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 23.5-point favorites.
- Texas games have gone over the point total twice this season.
- So far this season, one of the Horns matchups has gone over 60.5 points.
- Texas has an average total of 55.3 in their contests this year, 5.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Houston Stats and Trends
- Houston has compiled a 3-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- Houston games have hit the over four out of six times this year.
- Cougars games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 60.5 points in three of six outings.
- The average total for UH’s games this season is 52.3 points, 8.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Texas Players to Watch
- Quinn Ewers has thrown for 1,704 yards while completing 69.6% of his passes (128-of-184), with 11 touchdowns and three interceptions this year (284.0 yards per game).
- Jonathon Brooks has churned out a team-best 725 rushing yards (120.8 per game) and six touchdowns. He has tacked on 10 receptions for 121 yards (20.2 yards per game) and one TD.
- So far this year CJ Baxter has run for 176 yards on 45 carries (35.2 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Xavier Worthy has grabbed 34 passes for a team-best 453 yards while scoring three touchdowns. He averages 75.5 yards per game.
- Adonai Mitchell has hauled in 25 catches for 354 yards (59.0 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- Ja’Tavion Sanders has collected 291 yards on 14 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 58.2 yards per game.
Houston Players to Watch
- Donovan Smith has thrown for 1,600 yards while completing 66.1% of his passes (144-of-218), with 13 touchdowns and three interceptions this year (266.7 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 67 times for 197 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 32.8 yards per game.
- Parker Jenkins has 47 carries for a team-high 242 rushing yards (40.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Stacy Sneed has 206 yards on 37 carries (34.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season Sam Brown has 36 catches and leads the team with 549 yards (91.5 per game) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- Joseph Manjack IV has hauled in 29 catches for 347 yards (57.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns.
- This season Matthew Golden is averaging 49.2 yards per game, with 27 catches for 295 yards and four touchdowns.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.