The Buffalo Bulls (2-5) will face off against a fellow MAC opponent, the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-6) in a matchup on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Dix Stadium. The Bulls are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 7 points. The over/under is set at 43 in the contest.
Want to bet on Buffalo or Kent State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Buffalo vs. Kent State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Buffalo (-7)||Over (43)||Buffalo 31 Kent State 20|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||26.1 (72)||13.4 (131)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||32.1 (119)||34.3 (123)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||9 (72)||4 (11)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||11 (20)||5 (109)|
Buffalo vs. Kent State Betting Insights
Buffalo Stats and Trends
- Buffalo has won four games against the spread this season, while failing to cover three times.
- The Bulls have not covered the spread when favored by 7 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Buffalo games have hit the over four out of seven times this season.
- The Bulls seven games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 43 points five times.
- The average point total in Buffalo’s contests this year is 52.8, 9.8 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Kent State has a 2-1 advantage over Buffalo in the last three matchups between these two squads. The Golden Flashes are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Bulls while the two teams went over the point total each time. Buffalo outscored Kent State 135-119 in those three head-to-head matchups.
Kent State Stats and Trends
- Kent State has won two games against the spread this year.
- The Golden Flashes have been an underdog by 7 points or more six times this season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Kent State games have hit the over five out of seven times this year.
- The Golden Flashes and their opponents have combined to score more than 43 points in four of seven games this season.
- Kent State has a 48.6-point average over/under in their outings this season, 5.6 more points than this game’s point total.
Buffalo Players to Watch
- Cole Snyder has thrown for 1,337 yards while completing 59.1% of his passes (140-of-237), with 11 touchdowns and six interceptions this year (191 yards per game).
- Ron Cook Jr. has run for a team-high 330 yards on 81 carries (47.1 yards per game) and four touchdowns. He also has 154 receiving yards on 19 catches (22 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Michael Washington has run for 295 yards on 66 carries (49.2 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Darrell Harding has 14 catches and paces his team with 239 receiving yards (34.1 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Marlyn Johnson has hauled in 24 catches for 234 yards (33.4 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- Cole Harrity has racked up 196 yards on 26 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 28 yards per game.
Kent State Players to Watch
- Michael Alaimo has passed for 881 yards while completing 55.4% of his throws (72-of-130), with two touchdowns and four interceptions (125.9 yards per game).
- Gavin Garcia has 96 attempts for a team-high 374 rushing yards (53.4 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jaylen Thomas has 240 yards on 63 carries (48 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Chrishon McCray has reeled in 30 passes for a team-best 397 yards with two touchdowns. He averages 56.7 yards per game.
- Trell Harris has contributed with 257 yards on 15 catches and one touchdown. He averages 51.4 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Luke Floriea has caught 12 passes for 143 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 23.8 receiving yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.