The Wisconsin Badgers (4-2) will face off against a fellow Big Ten opponent, the Illinois Fighting Illini (3-4) in a matchup on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL). The Fighting Illini will attempt to pull off an upset as 3-point underdogs. The over/under is set at 40.5 in the outing.
Want to bet on Wisconsin or Illinois in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Wisconsin vs. Illinois Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Wisconsin (-3)||Over (40.5)||Wisconsin 28 Illinois 19|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||27.2 (93)||20.3 (107)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||17.8 (16)||28.1 (100)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||7 (47)||13 (123)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||10 (36)||6 (98)|
Wisconsin vs. Illinois Betting Insights
Wisconsin Stats and Trends
- Wisconsin has covered twice in five games with a spread this season.
- The Badgers have covered the spread twice this season (2-3 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- This season, games featuring the Wisconsin have gone over the point total twice.
- Badgers games this season have featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 40.5 points four times.
- The average total in Wisconsin’s contests this year is 52.7, 12.2 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Wisconsin has a 2-1 advantage over Illinois in the past three matchups between these two teams. The Badgers are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Fighting Illini while the two teams have gone over the total on two occasions. Wisconsin has had the upper hand scoring in those three matchups, totaling 79 points while Illinois notched 41.
Illinois Stats and Trends
- Illinois has a record of just 1-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini have covered the spread once this season (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- This year, games featuring Illinois have gone over the point total twice.
- The Illini have played five games this season that have had more than 40.5 combined points scored.
- The average total for Illinois games this season has been 48.9, 8.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Wisconsin Players to Watch
- Tanner Mordecai leads his team with 1,128 passing yards (188.0 per game) and has a 63.7% completion percentage (114-of-179), throwing three touchdown passes and three interceptions. He also has 161 rushing yards on 51 carries (with four touchdowns), averaging 26.8 yards per game.
- Braelon Allen has rushed for a team-high 559 yards on 91 carries (93.2 yards per game) and seven touchdowns.
- So far this year Chez Mellusi has run for 306 yards on 51 carries (76.5 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Will Pauling has 30 catches, leading his team with 303 yards (50.5 ypg) this season.
- Chimere Dike has hauled in 15 catches for 272 yards (54.4 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Bryson Green has caught 15 passes for 204 yards, averaging 40.8 yards per game this year.
Illinois Players to Watch
- Luke Altmyer has passed for 1,576 yards while completing 63.3% of his throws (138-of-218), with eight touchdowns and nine interceptions (225.1 yards per game). He’s also rushed 67 times for 201 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 28.7 yards per game.
- Reggie Love III has run for a team-leading 252 yards on 51 carries (50.4 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Kaden Feagin has rushed for 232 yards on 43 carries (38.7 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- This season Isaiah Williams has 42 catches and leads the team with 546 yards (78.0 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Pat Bryant has chipped in with 297 yards on 23 catches and five touchdowns. He averages 42.4 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Casey Washington is averaging 33.9 yards per game, with 21 catches for 237 yards.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.