A pair of Big Ten teams take the field when the Illinois Fighting Illini (2-3) and the Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-3) are in action on Friday, October 6, 2023 at Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL). The Fighting Illini are favored by 3 points. An over/under of 42 points has been set for the contest.
Want to bet on Illinois or Nebraska in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Illinois vs. Nebraska Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Illinois (-3)||Over (42)||Illinois 26 Nebraska 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||21.6 (107)||18.8 (119)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||30.6 (100)||23.8 (63)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||11 (123)||10 (115)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||5 (97)||4 (114)|
Illinois vs. Nebraska Betting Insights
Illinois Stats and Trends
- Illinois has put together a 0-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini have not covered the spread this season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- So far this season, two Illinois games have hit the over.
- The Illini and their opponents have gone over 42 combined points in four of five games this season.
- The average total in Illinois’ games this year is 49.7, 7.7 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Illinois holds a 3-0 advantage over Nebraska in the last three matchups between these two squads. The Fighting Illini are 3-0 against the spread in those games against the Cornhuskers while the two teams have gone over the point total on one occasion. Illinois put up 97 points in those three matchups compared to Nebraska’s 54.
Nebraska Stats and Trends
- Nebraska has won two games against the spread this year.
- The Cornhuskers have been an underdog by 3 points or more three times this season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- This year, games featuring Nebraska have hit the over twice.
- Huskers games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 42 points in four of five outings.
- The average total for Nebraska games this season has been 45.3, 3.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Illinois Players to Watch
- This year, Luke Altmyer has put up 1,081 passing yards (216.2 yards per game) while going 93-for-143 (65% completion percentage) and throwing five touchdowns and seven interceptions. He has added 175 rushing yards on 47 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 35.0 yards per game.
- Reggie Love III has 44 attempts for a team-high 243 rushing yards (60.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Isaiah Williams has 30 receptions for a team-high 446 receiving yards (89.2 per game).
- Pat Bryant has also tacked on 160 yards on 16 catches and three touchdowns. He averages 32.0 receiving yards per game this year.
- Casey Washington has caught 13 passes for 122 yards, averaging 24.4 yards per game this year.
Nebraska Players to Watch
- This year, Heinrich Haarberg has put up 477 passing yards (95.4 yards per game) while going 38-for-72 (52.8% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and one interception. He has tacked on 270 rushing yards on 51 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 54.0 yards per game.
- So far this year Anthony Grant has run for 224 yards on 44 carries (56.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Billy Kemp has 17 catches, leading his team with 193 yards (38.6 ypg) while scoring one touchdown this season.
- Marcus Washington has added 137 yards (on seven catches).
- Thomas Fidone II has 115 receiving yards on nine receptions, with three touchdowns, averaging 28.8 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.