The Liberty Flames (4-0) will have their 13th-ranked scoring attack go up against the Sam Houston Bearkats (0-4), with the No. 55 scoring defense in college football, on Thursday, October 5, 2023. The Flames are heavily favored, by 21.5 points. The over/under in this contest is 46.5 points.
Want to bet on Liberty or Sam Houston in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Liberty vs. Sam Houston Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||40 (48)||9.5 (6)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||18.5 (17)||25 (84)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||5 (30)||6 (86)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||12 (3)||4 (5)|
Liberty vs. Sam Houston Betting Insights
Liberty Stats and Trends
- Liberty has compiled a 4-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, games featuring the Liberty have gone over the point total twice.
- The Flames four games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 46.5 points three times.
- LU has an average point total of 52.9 in their outings this year, 6.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Sam Houston Stats and Trends
- Sam Houston has won two games against the spread this season.
- So far this year, two Sam Houston games have gone over the point total.
- The Bearkats have played just one game this season that finished with a combined score over 46.5 points.
- Sam Houston’s games this season have had an average of 39.0 points, 7.5 fewer points than this game’s total.
Liberty Players to Watch
- This year, Kaidon Salter has put up 919 passing yards (229.8 yards per game) while going 53-for-92 (57.6% completion percentage) and throwing 11 touchdowns and one interception. He has tacked on 268 rushing yards on 47 carries with five touchdowns, averaging 67 yards per game.
- Quinton Cooley has 53 attempts for a team-high 323 rushing yards (80.8 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Treon Sibley has 12 catches and paces his team with 288 receiving yards (72 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- C.J. Daniels has also added 11 receptions for 263 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season EJ Smoot has caught six passes for 106 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 35.3 receiving yards per game.
Sam Houston Players to Watch
- Keegan Shoemaker leads the team with 476 passing yards (158.7 yards per game) and has a 56.5% completion percentage this year (48-of-85) while throwing two touchdowns with four interceptions.
- John Gentry has taken 45 carries for a team-leading 133 rushing yards (33.3 yards per game). He’s also caught 11 passes for 123 yards with one touchdown through the air.
- Zach Hrbacek has 43 yards on 19 carries (14.3 ypg).
- Noah Smith has hauled in 17 receptions for 156 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 39 receiving yards per game.
- This season Ife Adeyi is averaging 24.7 yards per game, with seven catches for 74 yards.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.