The Ohio Bobcats (4-1) and the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-4) will meet in a matchup of MAC teams on Saturday, October 7, 2023 at Peden Stadium. The Golden Flashes will need to play a near perfect game to pull off an upset, oddsmakers have them as 25-point underdogs. An over/under of 45.5 points has been set for the outing.
Want to bet on Ohio or Kent State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Ohio vs. Kent State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Ohio (-25)||Under (45.5)||Ohio 34 Kent State 4|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||21.0 (112)||12.6 (132)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||10.8 (6)||34.0 (114)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||9 (100)||3 (8)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||10 (15)||5 (99)|
Ohio vs. Kent State Betting Insights
Ohio Stats and Trends
- Ohio has covered three times in five matchups with a spread this season.
- The Bobcats have been favored by 25 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- So far this season, none of Ohio’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Cats five games this season have all gone under this contest’s total of 45.5 points.
- Ohio’s outings this year have an average total of 51.3, 5.8 more points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the last two matchups between these two teams, Kent State has the edge with a 2-0 record over Ohio. The Bobcats and Golden Flashes have split those games 1-1 against the spread while not outpacing the point total once. Kent State put up 65 points in those two matchups compared to Ohio’s 51.
Kent State Stats and Trends
- Kent State has a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Flashes have covered the spread once when an underdog by 25 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Kent State games have gone over the point total three out of five times this year.
- The Golden Flashes have played three games this season that ended with a combined score over 45.5 points.
- Kent State’s games this year have had a 50.9-point total on average, 5.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Ohio Players to Watch
- Kurtis Rourke has thrown for 609 yards while completing 64.4% of his passes (56-of-87), with five touchdowns and two interceptions this year (152.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 18 times for 107 yards, averaging 26.8 yards per game.
- Sieh Bangura has taken 74 carries for a team-leading 287 rushing yards (57.4 yards per game).
- O’Shaan Allison has run for 212 yards on 67 carries (42.4 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- Sam Wiglusz has 21 catches and paces his team with 204 receiving yards (51.0 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Tyler Walton has contributed with 162 yards on 16 catches and one touchdown. He averages 40.5 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Jacoby Jones is averaging 49.0 yards per game, with eight catches for 147 yards.
Kent State Players to Watch
- Michael Alaimo has thrown for 763 yards while completing 56% of his passes (61-of-109), with one touchdown and three interceptions this year (152.6 yards per game).
- Gavin Garcia has rushed for a team-high 337 yards on 87 carries (67.4 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Xavier Williams has run for 135 yards on 41 carries (27.0 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- This season Chrishon McCray has 19 receptions for a team-high 234 receiving yards (46.8 per game).
- Trell Harris has also chipped in with 233 yards on 13 catches and one touchdown. He puts up 58.3 receiving yards per game this year.
- Jameel Gardner Jr. is averaging 39.7 yards per game, racking up eight receptions for 119 yards.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.