The Georgia Southern Eagles (3-1) will face off against their Sun Belt-rival, the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (2-2) in a matchup on Saturday, September 30, 2023 at Allen E. Paulson Stadium. The spread foretells a close game, with the Eagles favored to win by 6 points. An over/under of 68.5 points has been set for the outing.
Want to bet on Georgia Southern or Coastal Carolina in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Georgia Southern vs. Coastal Carolina Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Coastal Carolina (+6)||Under (68.5)||Coastal Carolina 27 Georgia Southern 24|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Georgia Southern||Coastal Carolina|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||34.3 (49)||31.5 (63)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||18.3 (31)||20.0 (45)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||10 (122)||4 (31)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||6 (55)||8 (20)|
Georgia Southern vs. Coastal Carolina Betting Insights
Georgia Southern Stats and Trends
- Georgia Southern has a record of 2-1-1 against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have covered the spread once when favored by 6 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- So far this season, just one Georgia Southern game has hit the over.
- Eagles matchups have gone over 68.5 points only once this season (in four outings).
- The average total in GSU’s contests this year is 60.5, 8.0 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the past three matchups between these two teams, Coastal Carolina has the edge with a 3-0 record over Georgia Southern. In those games against the Eagles, the Chanticleers have a 2-1 record against the spread while not outscoring the point total once. Coastal Carolina scored 90 points in those three matchups compared to Georgia Southern’s 52.
Coastal Carolina Stats and Trends
- Coastal Carolina is 3-1-0 ATS this year.
- The Chanticleers have won their only game this season when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- So far this year, just one Coastal Carolina game has gone over the point total.
- The Chanticleers have played only one game this season that finished with a combined score higher than 68.5 points.
- CCU has a 61.3-point average over/under in their contests this season, 7.2 fewer points than this game’s total.
Georgia Southern Players to Watch
- This year, Davis Brin has collected 1,289 passing yards (322.3 yards per game) while going 132-for-182 (72.5% completion percentage) and throwing nine touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- OJ Arnold has run for a team-high 256 yards on 31 attempts (64.0 yards per game) and three touchdowns. He also has 64 receiving yards on seven catches (16.0 yards per game) .
- So far this year Jalen White has run for 184 yards on 34 carries (61.3 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has grabbed 29 passes for a team-high 310 yards while scoring two touchdowns. He averages 77.5 yards per game.
- Khaleb Hood has hauled in 27 catches for 283 yards (70.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Dalen Cobb is averaging 40.3 yards per game, racking up 15 receptions for 161 yards.
Coastal Carolina Players to Watch
- Grayson McCall leads his team with 1,003 passing yards (250.8 per game) and has a 66.7% completion percentage (86-of-129), throwing five touchdown passes and two interceptions.
- Braydon Bennett has run for a team-leading 131 yards on 34 attempts (32.8 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Jared Brown has 95 yards on five carries (23.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown. He also has 20 catches for 208 yards (52.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Sam Pinckney has 21 catches, leading his team with 311 yards (77.8 ypg) while hauling in two touchdowns this season.
- This season Kyre Duplessis is averaging 37.3 yards per game, with five catches for 112 yards and one touchdown.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.