The Marshall Thundering Herd (3-0) will face off against their Sun Belt-rival, the Old Dominion Monarchs (2-2) in a matchup on Saturday, September 30, 2023 at Joan C. Edwards Stadium. The Monarchs will need their best effort to pull off an upset, they are currently 14.5-point underdogs. The over/under for the contest is 47.5 points.
Want to bet on Marshall or Old Dominion in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Marshall vs. Old Dominion Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Marshall (-14.5)||Over (47.5)||Marshall 37 Old Dominion 13|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||25.3 (119)||22.3 (103)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||15.7 (9)||25.8 (74)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||4 (31)||10 (122)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||3 (109)||4 (95)|
Marshall vs. Old Dominion Betting Insights
Marshall Stats and Trends
- Marshall has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Thundering Herd have not covered the spread when favored by 14.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- So far this season, one Marshall game has gone over the point total.
- The Herd three games this season have all gone under this contest’s total of 47.5 points.
- The average point total in Marshall’s contests this year is 44.7, 2.8 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Marshall has a 2-0 advantage over Old Dominion in the past two matchups between these two teams. The Thundering Herd and Monarchs have split those games 1-1 against the spread while failing to go over the total once. Marshall outscored Old Dominion 32-13 in those two head-to-head matchups.
Old Dominion Stats and Trends
- Old Dominion has covered twice in four matchups with a spread this season.
- The Monarchs have not covered the spread when an underdog by 14.5 points or more this year (in one opportunity).
- This season, games featuring Old Dominion have hit the over twice.
- The Monarchs have played three games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 47.5 points.
- ODU’s average game total this season has been 52.3, 4.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Marshall Players to Watch
- Cam Fancher has thrown for 612 yards while completing 65.6% of his passes (59-of-90), with two touchdowns and three interceptions this year (204.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 28 times for 60 yards, averaging 20.0 yards per game.
- Rasheen Ali has rushed for a team-high 396 yards on 63 attempts (132.0 yards per game) and seven touchdowns. He also has 47 receiving yards on five catches (15.7 yards per game) .
- This season Cade Conley has 14 catches and leads the team with 149 yards (49.7 per game).
- Caleb McMillan’s stat line this year shows five catches for 97 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 48.5 receiving yards per game.
- Charles Montgomery is averaging 48.5 yards per game, racking up seven receptions for 97 yards and one touchdown.
Old Dominion Players to Watch
- This year, Grant Wilson has put up 644 passing yards (161.0 yards per game) while going 42-for-81 (51.9% completion percentage) and throwing seven touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Keshawn Wicks has picked up a team-high 208 rushing yards (69.3 yards per game).
- So far this year Devin Roche has rushed for 158 yards on 20 carries (52.7 ypg).
- This season Kelby Williams has 13 receptions for a team-high 260 receiving yards (65.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Javon Harvey has chipped in with three catches for 166 yards and one touchdown this year. He puts up 166.0 receiving yards per game.
- Reymello Murphy has 157 receiving yards on seven receptions, with two touchdowns, averaging 39.3 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.