The Toledo Rockets (2-1) and the Western Michigan Broncos (1-2) will meet in a matchup of MAC teams on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at the Glass Bowl. The Broncos will need to play a near perfect game to pull off an upset, oddsmakers have them as 21.5-point underdogs. The over/under in this outing is 54 points.
Want to bet on Toledo or Western Michigan in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Toledo vs. Western Michigan Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Western Michigan (+21.5)||Under (54)||Toledo 30 Western Michigan 20|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||40.0 (28)||17.3 (118)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||16.7 (36)||35.3 (116)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||4 (63)||3 (34)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||4 (62)||2 (105)|
Toledo vs. Western Michigan Betting Insights
Toledo Stats and Trends
- Toledo has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Rockets have been favored by 21.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- So far this season, two Toledo games have hit the over.
- In two games this season, the Rockets and their opponents have combined to score more than 54 points.
- Toledo has an average point total of 55.0 in their games this year, 1.0 more point than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the last three matchups between these two teams, Western Michigan has the edge with a 2-1 record over Toledo. The Broncos have a 2-1 record against the spread in those games against the Rockets, with the two squads going over the point total on one occasion. Toledo outscored Western Michigan 86-76 in those three head-to-head matchups.
Western Michigan Stats and Trends
- Western Michigan has won one game against the spread this year.
- The Broncos have not covered the spread this year (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 21.5-point underdogs.
- Western Michigan games have hit the over once this season.
- The Broncos have played only one game this season that ended with a combined score over 54 points.
- WMU has a 52.3-point average over/under in their contests this season, 1.7 fewer points than this game’s total.
Toledo Players to Watch
- DeQuan Finn has thrown for 554 yards while completing 64.5% of his passes (49-of-76), with six touchdowns and two interceptions this year (184.7 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 36 times for 144 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 48.0 yards per game.
- Peny Boone has racked up a team-best 191 rushing yards (63.7 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jerjuan Newton has reeled in 12 passes for a team-high 137 yards with three touchdowns. He averages 45.7 yards per game.
- Junior Vandeross III has also chipped in with 10 receptions for 119 yards.
- This season CC Ezirim is averaging 79.0 yards per game, with three catches for 79 yards.
Western Michigan Players to Watch
- Jack Salopek leads the team with 278 passing yards (92.7 yards per game) and has a 70% completion percentage this year (35-of-50) while throwing one touchdown with two interceptions. He also has 41 rushing yards on 15 carries, averaging 13.7 yards per game.
- Jalen Buckley has churned out a team-high 311 rushing yards (103.7 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Zahir Abdus-Salaam has run for 115 yards on 35 carries (38.3 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- Kenneth Womack has 10 catches, leading his team with 132 yards (44.0 ypg) this season.
- Anthony Sambucci has also chipped in with three receptions for 79 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Austin Hence is averaging 22.7 yards per game, with 10 catches for 68 yards and one touchdown.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.