The Central Michigan Chippewas (1-2) will look to upset the South Alabama Jaguars (2-1) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Hancock Whitney Stadium. The Jaguars are without a doubt the favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 16 points. The over/under is 47.5 in the outing.
Want to bet on South Alabama or Central Michigan in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
South Alabama vs. Central Michigan Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Central Michigan (+16)||Over (47.5)||South Alabama 28 Central Michigan 19|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|South Alabama||Central Michigan|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||28.3 (79)||23.0 (98)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||20.3 (49)||38.0 (117)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||6 (98)||3 (33)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||7 (12)||2 (105)|
South Alabama vs. Central Michigan Betting Insights
South Alabama Stats and Trends
- South Alabama has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Jaguars have not covered the spread when favored by 16 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- South Alabama games have gone over the point total once this season.
- In two games this season, the Jags and their opponents have combined to put up more than 47.5 points.
- USA has an average point total of 53.2 in their games this year, 5.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Central Michigan Stats and Trends
- Central Michigan has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- The Chippewas have covered the spread when playing as at least 16-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- This season, games featuring Central Michigan have gone over the point total twice.
- The Chippewas have combined with their opponent to score more than 47.5 points only twice this season.
- The average over/under for CMU’s outings this season is 48.0, 0.5 more points than this game’s total.
South Alabama Players to Watch
- This campaign, Carter Bradley has recorded 600 passing yards (200.0 yards per game) while completing 52 of 72 passes (72.2% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and three interceptions.
- La’Damian Webb has 34 attempts for a team-high 272 rushing yards (90.7 per game) and four touchdowns.
- So far this year Kentrel Bullock has rushed for 190 yards on 44 carries (63.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Caullin Lacy has reeled in 20 passes for a team-best 303 yards while scoring three touchdowns. He averages 101.0 yards per game.
- Jamaal Pritchett has added 99 yards on eight catches. He averages 49.5 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Devin Voisin has caught five passes for 77 yards and one touchdown, averaging 38.5 receiving yards per game.
Central Michigan Players to Watch
- Bert Emanuel Jr. leads the team with 280 passing yards (140.0 yards per game) and has a 50% completion percentage this year (18-of-36) while throwing three touchdowns with three interceptions. He also has 142 rushing yards on 38 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 71.0 yards per game.
- Myles Bailey has rushed for a team-leading 186 yards on 38 attempts (62.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Chris Parker has five catches and paces his team with 142 receiving yards (71.0 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Tyson Davis’ stat line this year shows five catches for 92 yards and one touchdown. He averages 30.7 receiving yards per game.
- This season Jesse Prewitt III is averaging 45.5 yards per game, with three catches for 91 yards and one touchdown.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.