The Virginia Tech Hokies (1-2) will look to upset the Marshall Thundering Herd (2-0) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Joan C. Edwards Stadium. The Thundering Herd are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 5.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 41.5 points.
Want to bet on Marshall or Virginia Tech in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Marshall vs. Virginia Tech Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Marshall (-5.5)||Over (41.5)||Marshall 31 Virginia Tech 15|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||26.0 (118)||23.0 (98)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||15.0 (7)||25.3 (75)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||2 (12)||4 (60)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||2 (105)||3 (84)|
Marshall vs. Virginia Tech Betting Insights
Marshall Stats and Trends
- Marshall has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Thundering Herd have been favored by 5.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- So far this season, one Marshall game has gone over the point total.
- The average total in Marshall’s outings this year is 45.5, 4.0 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Virginia Tech Stats and Trends
- Virginia Tech has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Virginia Tech games have hit the over once this season.
- Tech’s games this year have had a 48.5-point total on average, 7.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Marshall Players to Watch
- This year, Cam Fancher has recorded 446 passing yards (223.0 yards per game) while going 43-for-63 (68.3% completion percentage) and throwing one touchdown and one interception. He has tacked on 46 rushing yards on 20 carries, averaging 23.0 yards per game.
- Rasheen Ali has taken 36 attempts for a team-leading 222 rushing yards (111.0 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns. He’s also caught five passes for 47 yards (23.5 receiving yards per game).
- This season Cade Conley has nine catches and leads the team with 114 yards (57.0 per game).
- Charles Montgomery has contributed with seven catches for 97 yards and one touchdown this year. He puts up 48.5 receiving yards per game.
- This season Caleb McMillan is averaging 85.0 yards per game, with four catches for 85 yards and one touchdown.
Virginia Tech Players to Watch
- Grant Wells leads the team with 494 passing yards (247.0 yards per game) and has a 53.2% completion percentage this year (33-of-62) while throwing five touchdowns with two interceptions.
- Bhayshul Tuten has taken 38 attempts for a team-leading 104 rushing yards (34.7 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He’s also caught three passes for 50 yards (16.7 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- Kyron Drones has 89 yards on 26 carries (29.7 ypg).
- Jaylin Lane has racked up nine receptions for 123 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 61.5 receiving yards per game.
- Da’Quan Felton has tacked on 118 yards on seven catches and one touchdown. He puts up 59.0 receiving yards per game this year.
- Dae’Quan Wright has 112 receiving yards on nine receptions, averaging 37.3 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.