The Army Black Knights (2-1) will look to upset the Syracuse Orange (3-0) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at the JMA Wireless Dome. The Orange are significant favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 13 points. The over/under is set at 50.5 in the outing.
Want to bet on Syracuse or Army in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Syracuse vs. Army Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Army (+13)||Over (50.5)||Syracuse 30 Army 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||49.3 (6)||35.7 (49)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||9.0 (4)||15.3 (27)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||4 (60)||6 (98)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||8 (7)||5 (44)|
Syracuse vs. Army Betting Insights
Syracuse Stats and Trends
- Syracuse has won all three of its games against the spread this season.
- The Orange have covered the spread when playing as at least 13-point favorites in two of two games this season.
- Games featuring Syracuse have gone over the point total once this season.
- Each Orange game this season has had a combined score above 50.5 total points.
- Cuse has an average point total of 54.3 in their games this year, 3.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Army Stats and Trends
- Army has won two games against the spread this year.
- This year, games featuring Army have hit the over twice.
- The Knights and their opponents have scored more than 50.5 combined points twice this season.
- The average over/under for Army’s matchups this season is 44.0, 6.5 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Syracuse Players to Watch
- This year, Garrett Shrader has collected 727 passing yards (242.3 yards per game) while going 51-for-82 (62.2% completion percentage) and throwing five touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 266 rushing yards on 36 carries with five touchdowns, averaging 88.7 yards per game.
- So far this year LeQuint Allen has run for 207 yards on 41 carries (69.0 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns. Allen also figures in the passing game, catching eight passes for 72 yards (24.0 ypg).
- Donovan Brown has racked up 12 receptions for 206 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 68.7 receiving yards per game.
- Umari Hatcher has contributed with 188 yards (on nine catches) and one touchdown.
- Isaiah Jones has collected 157 yards on eight receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 78.5 yards per game.
Army Players to Watch
- This year, Bryson Daily has put up 447 passing yards (149.0 yards per game) while going 20-for-39 (51.3% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and two interceptions. He has tacked on 232 rushing yards on 56 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 77.3 yards per game.
- Hayden Reed has 153 yards on 33 carries (51.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Isaiah Alston has reeled in eight passes for a team-best 250 yards while scoring two touchdowns. He averages 83.3 yards per game.
- Noah Short has chipped in with 87 yards (on five catches) and one touchdown.
- Liam Fortner is averaging 26.5 yards per game, racking up one reception for 53 yards.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.