The Akron Zips (1-2) will look to upset the Indiana Hoosiers (1-2) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Memorial Stadium (Bloomington, IN). The Hoosiers are heavy favorites in this one, with the line posted at 16.5 points. The over/under is 46 in the outing.
Want to bet on Indiana or Akron in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Indiana vs. Akron Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Akron (+16.5)||Under (46)||Indiana 24 Akron 12|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||19.3 (115)||16.0 (125)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||17.0 (37)||26.7 (80)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||2 (12)||6 (98)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||3 (84)||6 (23)|
Indiana vs. Akron Betting Insights
Indiana Stats and Trends
- Indiana has put together a 3-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Hoosiers have won their only game this season when playing as at least 16.5-point favorites.
- Games featuring Indiana have gone over the point total once this season.
- So far this season, one of the Hoosiers contests has gone over 46 points.
- IU’s games this year have an average point total of 51.3, 5.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Akron Stats and Trends
- Akron has won one game against the spread this year.
- The Zips have been an underdog by 16.5 points or more this year once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Akron has yet to hit the over in any game this year.
- Every Zips game this season has finished with a combined score under 46 points.
- Akron has a 49.8-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 3.8 more points than this game’s total.
Indiana Players to Watch
- Tayven Jackson has thrown for 559 yards while completing 71.7% of his passes (43-of-60), with one touchdown and one interception this year (186.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 17 times for 31 yards and one touchdown, averaging 10.3 yards per game.
- Jaylin Lucas has churned out a team-high 141 rushing yards (47.0 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns. He has added 15 catches for 138 yards (46.0 receiving yards per game) with one receiving touchdown.
- Josh Henderson has 91 yards on 22 carries (30.3 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns. He also has six catches for 88 yards (29.3 ypg).
- Cam Camper has hauled in nine receptions for 146 yards, best on his team. He averages 48.7 receiving yards per game.
- Omar Cooper Jr. has caught eight passes for 109 yards, averaging 54.5 yards per game this year.
Akron Players to Watch
- This season, DJ Irons has racked up 392 passing yards (130.7 yards per game) while completing 47 of 72 passes (65.3% completion percentage), with two touchdowns and one interception.
- Drake Anderson has rushed for a team-leading 89 yards on 16 attempts (29.7 yards per game).
- This season Lorenzo Lingard has run for 78 yards on 21 carries (26.0 ypg). Lingard also figures in the passing game, catching seven passes to lead the team with 139 yards (46.3 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Daniel George has also added 136 yards on 12 catches. He averages 45.3 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Jasaiah Gathings is averaging 44.7 yards per game, with 13 catches for 134 yards.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.