The Rice Owls (2-1) and the South Florida Bulls (1-2) will meet in a matchup of AAC teams on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Raymond James Stadium. The betting information foretells a close game, with the Owls favored by 2.5 points. The over/under is set at 57 in the contest.
Want to bet on Rice or South Florida in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Rice vs. South Florida Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|South Florida (+2.5)||Under (57)||South Florida 28 Rice 26|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||37.3 (45)||21.7 (106)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||28.3 (87)||27.3 (84)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||5 (77)||5 (77)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||3 (84)||6 (23)|
Rice vs. South Florida Betting Insights
Rice Stats and Trends
- Rice has won three games against the spread this season, while failing to cover zero times.
- The Owls have covered the spread when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- So far this season, two Rice games have hit the over.
- In two games this season, the Owls and their opponents have combined to put up more than 57 points.
- The average total in Rice’s matchups this year is 56.5, 0.5 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
South Florida Stats and Trends
- South Florida has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Bulls have covered the spread once this year (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- South Florida has yet to hit the over in any game this season.
- The Bulls have combined with their opponent to score more than 57 points just twice this season.
- USF’s matchups this season have a 65.3-point average over/under, 8.3 more points than this game’s total.
Rice Players to Watch
- This year, JT Daniels has put up 805 passing yards (268.3 yards per game) while going 53-for-85 (62.4% completion percentage) and throwing eight touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Dean Connors has run for a team-leading 137 yards on 24 carries (45.7 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He also averages 32 receiving yards per game, grabbing 10 passes for 96 yards.
- So far this year Juma Otoviano has rushed for 53 yards on 26 carries (17.7 ypg). Otoviano also figures in the passing game, catching two passes for 48 yards (16 ypg).
- Luke McCaffrey has 11 catches and paces his team with 171 receiving yards (57 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Braylen Walker has added seven catches for 151 yards and two touchdowns this year. He puts up 50.3 receiving yards per game.
- Kobie Campbell is averaging 34.3 yards per game, racking up four receptions for 103 yards and one touchdown.
South Florida Players to Watch
- This year, Byrum Brown has collected 450 passing yards (150 yards per game) while going 49-for-96 (51% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and three interceptions. He has tacked on 275 rushing yards on 65 carries with four touchdowns, averaging 91.7 yards per game.
- Nay’Quan Wright has 210 yards on 41 carries (70 ypg).
- Sean Atkins has 16 catches, leading his team with 142 yards (47.3 ypg) this season.
- Khafre Brown has added six receptions for 109 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season Naiem Simmons is averaging 28.3 yards per game, with seven catches for 85 yards and one touchdown.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.