The New Mexico State Aggies (2-2) will look to upset the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (1-3) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex. The Rainbow Warriors are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3 points. The over/under is 57.5 in the contest.
Want to bet on Hawaii or New Mexico State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Hawaii vs. New Mexico State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|New Mexico State (+3)||Over (57.5)||New Mexico State 30 Hawaii 28|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Hawaii||New Mexico State|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||23.3 (65)||33.0 (13)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||36.8 (130)||28.0 (119)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||6 (100)||5 (78)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||2 (105)||2 (105)|
Hawaii vs. New Mexico State Betting Insights
Hawaii Stats and Trends
- Hawaii has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Rainbow Warriors have won their only game this season when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Games featuring Hawaii have hit the over once this season.
- The Warriors and their opponents have scored a combined total of more than 57.5 points twice this season (in four games).
- UH has an average total of 60.5 in their contests this year, 3.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the past three matchups between these two teams, Hawaii holds a 2-1 advantage over New Mexico State. The Aggies are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Rainbow Warriors while the two teams have gone over the point total on two occasions. Hawaii outscored New Mexico State 115-100 in those three head-to-head matchups.
New Mexico State Stats and Trends
- New Mexico State has a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Aggies have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- This year, games featuring New Mexico State have hit the over twice.
- The Aggies have combined with their opponent to score more than 57.5 points only twice this season.
- New Mexico State has a 51.8-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 5.7 fewer points than this game’s total.
Hawaii Players to Watch
- Brayden Schager leads the team with 1,086 passing yards (271.5 yards per game) and has a 62.9% completion percentage this year (105-of-167) while throwing 10 touchdowns with six interceptions.
- Jordan Johnson has taken 13 carries for a team-leading 86 rushing yards (43.0 yards per game).
- So far this year Tylan Hines has run for 50 yards on 18 carries (16.7 ypg).
- This season Pofele Ashlock has 27 receptions for a team-high 362 receiving yards (90.5 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Steven McBride has hauled in 19 catches for 232 yards (58.0 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- Alex Perry has 105 receiving yards on 10 receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 35.0 yards per game.
New Mexico State Players to Watch
- Diego Pavia has thrown for 918 yards while completing 64.6% of his passes (53-of-82), with eight touchdowns and four interceptions this year (229.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 38 times for 182 yards, averaging 45.5 yards per game.
- Star Thomas has churned out a team-high 195 rushing yards (48.8 yards per game) and scored three touchdowns. He has tacked on seven catches for 78 yards (19.5 receiving yards per game).
- So far this year Ahmonte Watkins has run for 187 yards on 15 carries (46.8 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Jonathan Brady has 10 catches, leading his team with 252 yards (63.0 ypg) while hauling in three touchdowns this season.
- Trent Hudson has chipped in with eight catches for 143 yards and three touchdowns this year. He averages 35.8 receiving yards per game.
- This season Chris Bellamy has caught eight passes for 116 yards, averaging 29.0 receiving yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.