The NC State Wolfpack (2-1) will play their ACC-rival, the Virginia Cavaliers (0-3) in a matchup on Friday, September 22, 2023 at Scott Stadium. The Wolfpack are significant favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 8 points. The over/under for the contest is 47 points.
Want to bet on NC State or Virginia in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
NC State vs. Virginia Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|NC State (-8)||Over (47)||NC State 34 Virginia 24|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||31.0 (65)||20.7 (107)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.0 (61)||42.3 (126)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||3 (34)||6 (100)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||3 (82)||0 (128)|
NC State vs. Virginia Betting Insights
NC State Stats and Trends
- NC State is winless against the spread this season (0-3-0).
- The Wolfpack have been favored by 8 points or more this season twice, and failed to cover both times.
- NC State games have gone over the point total twice this season.
- In two games this season, the Pack and their opponents have combined to total more than 47 points.
- The average point total in NC State’s outings this year is 49.7, 2.7 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Virginia Stats and Trends
- Virginia has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cavaliers have not covered the spread this season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- Each Virginia game has gone over the point total this season.
- Each game the Cavs have played this season has gone over 47 combined points scored.
- UVA’s games this year have had a 47.8-point total on average, 0.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
NC State Players to Watch
- Brennan Armstrong leads the team with 679 passing yards (226.3 yards per game) and has a 62.9% completion percentage this year (66-of-105) while throwing three touchdowns with three interceptions. He also has 161 rushing yards on 37 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 53.7 yards per game.
- So far this year Jordan Houston has rushed for 96 yards on 25 carries (32.0 ypg).
- Kevin Concepcion has racked up 16 receptions for 122 yards, best on his team. He averages 40.7 receiving yards per game.
- Julian Gray has contributed with 109 yards on six catches. He puts up 36.3 receiving yards per game this year.
- Porter Rooks has caught eight passes for 92 yards, averaging 30.7 yards per game this year.
Virginia Players to Watch
- Cameron Seldon has rushed for 4 yards on two carries (4.0 yards per game) this year.
- Sean Wilson has hauled in one catch for 32 yards, best on his team. He averages 32.0 receiving yards per game.
- Kaleb Webb has also tacked on two catches for 11 yards this year. He puts up 11.0 receiving yards per game.
- Grant Misch has caught one pass for 4 yards, averaging 4.0 yards per game this year.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.