The No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-0) and the No. 24 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0) will meet in a matchup of Big Ten teams on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Beaver Stadium. The Hawkeyes will need to play a near perfect game to pull off an upset, bookmakers have them as 14-point underdogs. The over/under in this outing is 38.5 points.
Want to bet on Penn State or Iowa in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Penn State vs. Iowa Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Iowa (+14)||Over (38.5)||Penn State 28 Iowa 16|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||43.7 (20)||28.3 (79)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||11.7 (13)||12.3 (16)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||0 (1)||3 (33)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||7 (12)||3 (84)|
Penn State vs. Iowa Betting Insights
Penn State Stats and Trends
- Penn State has compiled a 3-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions have covered the spread three times this season (3-0 ATS) when playing as at least 14-point favorites.
- So far this season, two Penn State games have hit the over.
- The Lions three games this season have all gone over this contest’s total of 38.5 points.
- The average point total in PSU’s games this year is 50.7, 12.2 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the past two matchups between these two teams, Iowa holds the edge with a 2-0 record over Penn State. The Hawkeyes have a 2-0 record against the spread in those games against the Nittany Lions, with the two squads going over the total both times. Iowa has had the scoring advantage in those two matchups, recording 64 points while Penn State put up 41.
Iowa Stats and Trends
- Iowa has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- So far this season, one Iowa game has hit the over.
- The Hawkeyes have combined with their opponent to score more than 38.5 points just once this season.
- Iowa has a 40.5-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 2.0 more points than this game’s point total.
Penn State Players to Watch
- Drew Allar has passed for 737 yards while completing 67% of his throws (59-of-88), with four touchdowns and zero interceptions (245.7 yards per game). He’s also rushed 15 times for 52 yards and one touchdown, averaging 17.3 yards per game.
- Kaytron Allen has rushed for a team-leading 208 yards on 42 carries (69.3 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Nicholas Singleton has rushed for 154 yards on 36 carries (51.3 yards per game), with five touchdowns on the ground this year. He also has five catches for 68 yards (22.7 per game).
- Keandre Lambert has racked up 13 receptions for 220 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 73.3 receiving yards per game.
- Harrison Wallace III has also tacked on 10 catches for 98 yards this year. He puts up 49.0 receiving yards per game.
- Tyler Warren has caught 10 passes for 81 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 27.0 yards per game this year.
Iowa Players to Watch
- This campaign, Cade McNamara has collected 417 passing yards (139.0 yards per game) while connecting on 38 of 71 passes (53.5% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Leshon Williams has 19 attempts for a team-high 164 rushing yards (54.7 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Jaziun Patterson has 104 yards on 21 carries (34.7 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Luke Lachey has 10 catches and paces his team with 131 receiving yards (65.5 ypg).
- Erick All has hauled in seven catches for 81 yards (27.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Seth Anderson has caught four passes for 68 yards and one touchdown, averaging 22.7 yards per game this year.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.