The No. 3 Texas Longhorns (3-0) will square off against the Baylor Bears (1-2) in Big 12 action on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at McLane Stadium. The Bears are currently heavy, 17.5-point underdogs. The over/under in this outing is 48.5 points.
Want to bet on Texas or Baylor in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Texas vs. Baylor Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Baylor (+17.5)||Over (48.5)||Texas 30 Baylor 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||34.0 (55)||24.7 (93)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||14.7 (24)||23.0 (66)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||1 (4)||5 (77)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||6 (23)||4 (65)|
Texas vs. Baylor Betting Insights
Texas Stats and Trends
- Texas has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns have not covered the spread this season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 17.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, one Texas game has hit the over.
- So far this season, one of the Horns outings has gone over 48.5 points.
- Texas’ contests this year have an average total of 53.7, 5.2 more points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Texas has an edge against Baylor over the last three matchups between these two teams, collecting a 2-1 record in those games. The Longhorns and Bears have split those games 1-1-1 against the spread with those games outscoring the point total on one occasion. Texas outscored Baylor 89-74 in those three head-to-head matchups.
Baylor Stats and Trends
- Baylor has not won against the spread this year in three games with a spread.
- Games featuring Baylor have gone over the point total once this year.
- The Bears and their opponents have scored more than 48.5 combined points once this season.
- The average over/under for Baylor’s outings this season is 52.8, 4.3 more points than this game’s point total.
Texas Players to Watch
- Quinn Ewers has passed for 740 yards while completing 60.7% of his throws (54-of-89), with eight touchdowns and zero interceptions (246.7 yards per game).
- Jonathon Brooks has rushed for a team-high 273 yards on 47 attempts (91.0 yards per game) and one touchdown. He also has 46 receiving yards on three catches (15.3 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year CJ Baxter has rushed for 69 yards on 16 carries (34.5 ypg).
- Xavier Worthy has racked up 16 receptions for 221 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 73.7 receiving yards per game.
- Ja’Tavion Sanders’ stat line this year shows seven catches for 158 yards and one touchdown. He averages 79.0 receiving yards per game.
- Adonai Mitchell has caught nine passes for 134 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 44.7 yards per game this year.
Baylor Players to Watch
- This year, Sawyer Robertson has racked up 444 passing yards (148.0 yards per game) while connecting on 28 of 62 passes (45.2% completion percentage), with one touchdown and three interceptions. He has tacked on 47 rushing yards on nine carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 15.7 yards per game.
- Dominic Richardson has picked up a team-high 156 rushing yards (78.0 yards per game). He has added four catches for 33 yards (16.5 receiving yards per game).
- Richard Reese has rushed for 117 yards on 26 carries (39.0 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Ketron Jackson Jr. has 10 catches, leading his team with 168 yards (56.0 ypg) this season.
- Hal Presley has contributed with 155 yards on eight catches. He averages 77.5 receiving yards per game this year.
- Drake Dabney has caught eight passes for 139 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 46.3 yards per game this year.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.