The Auburn Tigers (2-0) are heavily favored, by 38 points, versus the FCS Samford Bulldogs on Saturday, September 16, 2023 at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The over/under for the outing is 62 points.
Want to bet on Auburn or Samford in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Auburn vs. Samford Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison (2022)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||24.8 (91)||0.0 (85)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||29.5 (83)||33.0 (17)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||20 (101)||1 (17)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||13 (102)||0 (65)|
Auburn vs. Samford Betting Insights (2022)
Auburn Stats and Trends
- Auburn has covered once in two chances against the spread this season.
- So far this season, one Auburn game has hit the over.
- War Eagle’s games this season have had an average of 53.3 points, 8.7 fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Samford Stats and Trends (2022)
- The Bulldogs won their only game last year when playing as at least 38-point underdogs.
- The average over/under for Samford’s outings last year was 62.5, 0.5 more points than this game’s point total.
Auburn Players to Watch
- This season, Payton Thorne has racked up 235 passing yards (117.5 yards per game) while connecting on 19 of 31 passes (61.3% completion percentage), with three touchdowns and one interception.
- Damari Alston has taken 16 carries for a team-leading 94 rushing yards (47.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Jeremiah Cobb has run for 77 yards on eight carries (38.5 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Jay Fair has seven catches, leading his team with 81 yards (40.5 ypg) while hauling in two touchdowns this season.
- Malcolm Johnson Jr. has contributed with two catches for 59 yards this year. He puts up 59.0 receiving yards per game.
- Shane Hooks is averaging 41.0 yards per game, racking up two receptions for 41 yards.
Samford Players to Watch (2022 Stats)
- Michael Hiers racked up 62 passing yards (62.0 yards per game) with a 61.9% completion percentage last year (13-of-21), while throwing zero touchdowns and zero interceptions. He also tacked on 11 rushing yards on four carries, averaging 11.0 yards per game.
- Jay Stanton took five attempts for 12 rushing yards a season ago (12.0 yards per game).
- Ty King reeled in four passes for 52 yards last season. He averaged 52.0 yards per game.
- Kendall Watson’s stat line last year showed two grabs for 16 yards. He averaged 16.0 receiving yards per game.
- Chandler Smith caught two passes for 15 yards last year, averaging 15.0 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.