The Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-2) are heavily favored, by 36 points, facing the FCS Tarleton State Texans on Saturday, September 16, 2023 at Jones AT&T Stadium. The over/under is 75.5 in the contest.
Want to bet on Texas Tech or Tarleton State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Texas Tech vs. Tarleton State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison (2022)
|Texas Tech||Tarleton State|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||34.2 (29)||17.0 (33)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||29.2 (99)||59.0 (60)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||22 (116)||2 (44)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||16 (70)||1 (31)|
Texas Tech vs. Tarleton State Betting Insights (2022)
Texas Tech Stats and Trends
- Texas Tech is winless against the spread this season (0-2-0).
- Texas Tech games have hit the over once this season.
- Texas Tech’s matchups this year have an average point total of 59.3, 16.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Tarleton State Stats and Trends (2022)
- The Texans did not cover the spread last season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 36-point underdogs.
- Tarleton State’s matchups last year had a 66.5-point average over/under, 9.0 fewer points than this game’s total.
Texas Tech Players to Watch
- Tyler Shough has thrown for 620 yards while completing 63.2% of his passes (55-of-87), with six touchdowns and four interceptions this year (310.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 38 times for 137 yards and one touchdown, averaging 68.5 yards per game.
- Tahj Brooks has run for 105 yards on 17 carries (52.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- This season Jerand Bradley has 13 catches and leads the team with 171 yards (85.5 per game) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- Myles Price has hauled in 10 catches for 96 yards (48.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Drae McCray is averaging 36.5 yards per game, with six catches for 73 yards.
Tarleton State Players to Watch (2022 Stats)
- Last year Beau Allen recorded 210 passing yards (210.0 yards per game) while going 11-for-25 (44% completion percentage) and throwing one touchdown and two interceptions.
- A season ago, Braelon Bridges picked up 32 rushing yards (32.0 yards per game).
- Last season Ontario Douglas ran for 23 yards on six carries (23.0 ypg).
- Darius Cooper reeled in six passes for 117 yards last season and scored one touchdown. He averaged 117.0 yards per game.
- Jaden Smith’s stat line last year showed four grabs for 92 yards. He put up 92.0 receiving yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.