The Rice Owls (1-1) are heavily favored, by 35 points, facing the FCS Texas Southern Tigers on Saturday, September 16, 2023 at Rice Stadium. An over/under of 59.5 points has been set for the outing.
Want to bet on Rice or Texas Southern in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Rice vs. Texas Southern Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||26.5 (90)||3.0 (62)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||39.0 (116)||71.0 (65)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||5 (106)||2 (36)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||1 (108)||0 (53)|
Rice vs. Texas Southern Betting Insights
Rice Stats and Trends
- Rice has covered in each of its two games with a spread this season.
- So far this season, one Rice game has gone over the point total.
- The average point total in Rice’s contests this year is 55.0, 4.5 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Texas Southern Stats and Trends
- Texas Southern has not won against the spread this year in one opportunities.
- The Tigers have not covered the spread when an underdog by 35 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Each Texas Southern game has hit the over this year.
- Texas Southern has a 63.0-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 3.5 more points than this game’s total.
Rice Players to Watch
- JT Daniels leads the team with 550 passing yards (275.0 yards per game) and has a 61.8% completion percentage this year (42-of-68) while throwing four touchdowns with three interceptions.
- Dean Connors has taken 16 attempts for a team-leading 71 rushing yards (35.5 yards per game). He’s also caught nine passes for 89 yards .
- Juma Otoviano has rushed for 20 yards on 16 carries (10.0 yards per game) this year. He also has two catches for 48 yards (24.0 per game).
- Luke McCaffrey has nine catches and paces his team with 121 receiving yards (60.5 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Braylen Walker has hauled in six catches for 116 yards (58.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.