The Temple Owls (1-1) host the FCS Norfolk State Spartans on Saturday, September 16, 2023 at Lincoln Financial Field. The Owls are heavily favored, by 30.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 54.5 points.
Want to bet on Temple or Norfolk State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Temple vs. Norfolk State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison (2022)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||21.9 (108)||5.0 (52)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||29.3 (79)||59.0 (94)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||22 (116)||3 (66)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||12 (109)||1 (31)|
Temple vs. Norfolk State Betting Insights (2022)
Temple Stats and Trends
- Temple has put together a 0-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The average total in Temple’s outings this year is 55.0, 0.5 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Norfolk State Stats and Trends (2022)
- The Spartans did not cover the spread when an underdog by 30.5 points or more last year (in two opportunities).
- Norfolk State had a 56.8-point average over/under in its outings last year, 2.3 more points than the total for this game.
Temple Players to Watch
- E.J. Warner leads the team with 522 passing yards (261.0 yards per game) and has a 49.5% completion percentage this year (48-of-97) while throwing three touchdowns with two interceptions.
- Darvon Hubbard has racked up a team-high 49 rushing yards (24.5 yards per game).
- Joquez Smith has rushed for 45 yards on nine carries (45.0 yards per game) this year.
- Dante Wright has 12 catches and paces his team with 130 receiving yards (65.0 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- David Martin-Robinson has also tacked on 109 yards on eight catches. He averages 54.5 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Amad Anderson Jr. is averaging 50.5 yards per game, with six catches for 101 yards.
Norfolk State Players to Watch (2022 Stats)
- Otto Kuhns threw for 233 yards while completing 40% of his passes (12-of-30), with one touchdown and two interceptions last year (116.5 yards per game).
- Jaylen White took 10 attempts for 22 rushing yards a season ago (11.0 yards per game).
- Last year JJ Davis ran for 12 yards on 14 carries (6.0 ypg).
- Last season Da’Quan Felton notched four catches for 145 yards (72.5 ypg) with one touchdown.
- Jason Wonodi’s stat line last year showed two grabs for 50 yards. He put up 50.0 receiving yards per game.
- Tremayne Talbert totaled 33 yards on three catches in 2022, averaging 33.0 yards per game .
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.