DraftKings is an industry leading daily fantasy site that offers some of the biggest contests and payouts in the DFS industry.
DraftKings Promo Code 2020
New players at DraftKings will receive $20 in free play after depositing at least $5 dollars using our exclusive DraftKings promo code link. This means new players can use the bonus dollars to enter real-money contests and try out DraftKings without risking a lot of their own money.
DraftKings Deposits & Withdrawals
DraftKings accepts all major credit/debit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Giftcards from these brands are also accepted.
You may also deposit on DraftKings via PayPal.
Withdrawals are credited back to the same credit card or method of payment (PayPal or Giftcard) used to deposit funds. Once all deposits in the past 90 days have been refunded, DraftKings with then send any remaining funds withdrawn via PayPal or Check.
DraftKings Bonuses & Rewards
There is a reward program on DraftKings, paid out in Frequent Player Points (FPPs), that can be used for purchasing everything from DraftKings Swag, to tournament buy-ins. FPPs are paid out as 1 FPP for every $1 used to buy-in to a contest.
There is also a deposit bonus offered upon your initial deposit. This bonus is 100% of your first deposit, up to $600. The bonus is paid out $1 for every 25 FPPs earned.
DraftKings also runs Freeroll contests on most large slates where players can win tournament tickets or cash depending on the type of tournament.
Why DraftKings Instead of FanDuel
- Million Dollar Dreams: Each week of the NFL regular season, DraftKings runs their Millionaire Maker tournament that awards $1 million dollars to first place. Buy-in varies from $3 up to $1500, but is usually positioned at a very affordable $20.
- Late Swap: DraftKings allows late swap for NFL, MLB, NHL, and Soccer where all FanDuel contests completely lock when the first game on a slate begins. At DraftKings, you can edit your lineup in these sports until each individual player’s game begins.
- Roster Flexibility: DraftKings features Multi-Position Eligibility (MPE) where at FanDuel player positions are fixed to a single slot. For example, James Harden is point guard AND shooting guard eligible on DraftKings, whereas he’s only shooting guard eligible at FanDuel.
- No Kickers: DraftKings NFL product has removed the kicker position. Long thought to be the position that requires the least amount of skill when picking a roster in fantasy football, DraftKings removed the kicker spot and replaced it with a Flex spot that allows you to roster your choice of a running back, wide receiver, or tight end.
- More Sport Offerings: While FanDuel recently added soccer and golf, DraftKings still has them beat by offering NASCAR and MMA. DFS NASCAR has grown significantly in its short existence, featuring $500,000 guaranteed contests for the more high profile races.
- Easier Sweat: The introduction of the DK Live app for your smartphone is a game changer when it comes to following the action and sweating your lineups. The app not only tracks the highest scoring fantasy players on the slate at each position, but also tracks your players that you’ve rostered that day. It’s one of the better sports tracking apps out there, fantasy or otherwise.
Users can choose from DFS contests in NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Golf (PGA & Euro), Soccer (MLS & EPL), NASCAR, MMA, Canadian Football, and eSports (League of Legends).
The largest tournaments on DraftKings are known as Guaranteed Prize Pools (GPPs) and are guaranteed to pay out the specified prizes regardless of how many players enter the contest. The buy-in on these contests range from $0.25 to over $10,000.
Head to Head contests are between two participants where the winner takes the entire prize pool, less the site fee (rake).
There are also Double-Up, 50/50, and Multiplier contests. Double-Up contests pay just under half the field, with the contestants finishing in the money doubling their buy-in. The 50/50 contests pay exactly half the field, and contestants finishing in the money receive a sum double their buy-in, less the site entry fee. A Multiplier contest pays out anywhere from 3x to 10x buy-in for those that finish in the money.
DraftKings is making an effort to offer more and more contests with limited entries that could benefit the less experienced player. Single Entry and 3-Max contests are becoming more popular on the site, but come with a smaller guaranteed prize pool.
DraftKings also offers Beginner contests that are only available to players of limited experience, as well as Casual contests for players of intermediate experience. Playing in these tournaments is highly recommended if you are new to daily fantasy sports.
DraftKings recently launched Leagues where participants can invite friends to participate in private DFS contests.
DraftKings Salaries and Lineup Construction
The salary cap on DraftKings can vary, but generally players are given a budget of $50,000 from which to select their players.
Roster construction by sport:
NFL: 9 roster positions: QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), D/ST
NBA: 8 roster positions: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, UTIL (G/F/C)
MLB: 10 roster positions: P, P, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF
NHL: 9 roster positions: W, W, W, C, C, D, D, UTIL (any non-goalie), G
Soccer: 8 roster positions: GK, D, D, M, M, F, F, UTIL (any non-goalie)
Golf: 6 golfers under salary cap
MMA: 6 fighters under salary cap
NASCAR: 6 drivers under salary cap
eSports (LoL): 8 roster positions: TOP, JNG (Jungler), MID, ADC, SUP (Support), FLEX, FLEX, TEAM
DraftKings recently reverted back to the format in which many players have eligibility at multiple positions in NBA and MLB, which creates a lot more flexibility for users when building their lineups.
All lineups must be entered into a contest prior to the first game of each slate beginning. This is commonly known in the industry as ‘lineup lock’. Currently, you can edit your lineup, known as late swap, in NFL, MLB, NHL, and Soccer. In these sports, each individual player will become ‘locked’ at the scheduled start time of their team’s game. There is no late swap in NBA.
Looking for suggestions on the best DraftKings lineups? We post daily DraftKings picks on our blog.