The Chicago Cubs (22-28) and Cincinnati Reds (22-29) square off on Saturday at 7:15 PM ET, at Wrigley Field.
The Cubs are favored at home (-175) against the Reds (+148). The over/under for this game is 8.5.
The betting trends in the article below reference odds valid as of May 27, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Cubs vs Reds Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Cubs Betting Insights
- The Cubs have won 10, or 47.6%, of the 21 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Chicago has entered five games this season favored by -175 or more and is 2-3 in those contests.
- The Cubs have a 63.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Chicago has gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 24 of 44 chances this season.
- The Cubs are 23-21-0 against the spread this season.
Cubs Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.0|
Reds Betting Insights
- The Reds have won in 15, or 41.7%, of the 36 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This year, Cincinnati has won five of 12 games when listed as at least +148 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Reds have an implied victory probability of 40.3% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Cincinnati’s games have gone over the total in 25 of its 45 opportunities.
- The Reds have posted a record of 27-18-0 against the spread this season.
Reds Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.7|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Cubs or Reds, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Cubs Probable Pitcher – Jameson Taillon
- Taillon’s team is 1-5-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs and allowed six hits in 2 1/3 innings pitched against the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday, May 20.
- Taillon has two starts of five or more innings this season in seven chances. He averages 3.7 innings per outing.
- Taillon has started three games with his team as the moneyline favorite, and has been upset each time.
- Taillon’s team is winless in the seven games he’s started this season.
- Out of Taillon’s six starts with a total this season, four have hit the over.
Cubs Relief Pitchers
|Mark Leiter Jr.||18||20.1||31||1.77||8||2|
Reds Probable Pitcher – Brandon Williamson
- Williamson (0-0) makes the start for the Reds, his third of the season.
- In his last appearance on Monday, the left-hander threw 4 1/3 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Williamson is trying to secure his second start of five or more innings this year in this outing.
- The Reds were named the moneyline underdog for two Williamson starts this season — they won both.
- His team has won both of the matchups he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Williamson’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Reds Relief Pitchers
Cubs Hitting Trends
- The Cubs are 10-10 this season in games when they send out two or more bombs.
- Chicago has gone 8-2 in its 10 games this season with five or more extra-base hits.
- The team has notched at least eight hits 38 times this season, and has a 27-11 record in those games.
- Chicago is 20-4 in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Cubs have drawn at least five walks in 20 games this season, and are 9-11 in those contests.
Reds Hitting Trends
- They have won 11 of the 13 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- In 15 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 12-3.
- They have a record of 27-15 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Cincinnati has a 29-5 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- In 20 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 6-14
Cubs vs. Reds Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Cubs (-175)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.