The Seattle Mariners (26-24) are looking for continued production from a hitter on a roll versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (25-24) on Friday at 10:10 PM ET, at T-Mobile Park. Ty France is on a two-game homer streak.
The Pirates are an underdog (+170 moneyline odds) when they take the field at the Mariners (-200). The contest has a set total of 7.5.
The betting insights in the article below are based off odds valid as of May 26, 2023 at 9:16 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Mariners vs Pirates Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Mariners Betting Insights
- The Mariners have entered the game as favorites 29 times this season and won 18, or 62.1%, of those games.
- Seattle is undefeated in seven games this season when favored by -200 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 66.7% chance to win.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 18 of its 42 chances.
- The Mariners are 19-23-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.1|
Pirates Betting Insights
- The Pirates have won in 11, or 37.9%, of the 29 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- Pittsburgh has been listed as an underdog of +170 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 37% chance of walking away with the win.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over in 20 of its 42 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Pirates are 21-21-0 against the spread in their 42 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Pirates Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.0|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Mariners or Pirates, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Mariners Probable Pitcher – George Kirby
- Kirby’s team is 5-3-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up three earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- Kirby has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Kirby’s team has won 71.4% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (5-2).
- Kirby’s team has won five of his nine starts this season.
- Out of Kirby’s eight starts with a total this season, three have hit the over.
Mariners Relief Pitchers
Pirates Probable Pitcher – Mitch Keller
- Keller (5-1 with a 2.44 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 62 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Pirates, his 11th of the season.
- The righty’s most recent appearance came on Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he tossed six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Keller will aim to last five or more innings for his 10th straight start. He’s averaging 6.2 innings per outing.
- The Pirates have been the underdog on the moneyline in four of Keller’s starts this season, and they went 2-2 in those matchups.
- In Keller’s 10 starts, his team is 7-3.
- Keller has had eight starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and four of those outings finished over the total.
Pirates Relief Pitchers
|Duane Underwood Jr.||18||23.1||13||5.40||3||2|
Mariners Hitting Trends
- The Mariners are 12-4 this season in games when they hit at least two long balls.
- Seattle has collected five or more extra-base hits in five games this season, and has gone 4-1 in those contests.
- The team is 21-13 in the games this season it has strung together eight or more hits.
- Seattle is 26-5 in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The Mariners are 17-3 in the 20 games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Pirates Hitting Trends
- They have won 13 of the 14 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- Pittsburgh has collected five or more extra-base hits in 11 games this season and won each of them.
- They have a record of 17-6 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Pittsburgh has won 16 of its 18 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- In 16 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 11-5
Mariners vs. Pirates Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Mariners (-200)
Over/Under Pick: Under (7.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.