The Chicago White Sox (21-31) visit the Detroit Tigers (23-25) at 6:40 PM ET on Friday.
The White Sox are favored (-155 on the moneyline to win) when they take on the Tigers (+132). The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
The insights in the article below are based off odds valid as of May 26, 2023 at 3:16 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
White Sox vs Tigers Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
White Sox Betting Insights
- This season, the White Sox have been favored 15 times and won 10, or 66.7%, of those games.
- Chicago has played as favorites of -155 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The implied probability of a win from the White Sox, based on the moneyline, is 60.8%.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 17 of its 44 chances.
- The White Sox are 22-22-0 against the spread in their 44 chances this season.
White Sox Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.0|
Tigers Betting Insights
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 37 games this season and have come away with the win 19 times (51.4%) in those contests.
- Detroit has a mark of 10-10 in contests where bookmakers favor it by +132 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 43.1% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Detroit has gone over the total set by bookmakers in 21 of 42 chances this season.
- The Tigers have posted a record of 26-16-0 against the spread this season.
Tigers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.5|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the White Sox or Tigers, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
White Sox Probable Pitcher – Lance Lynn
- When Lynn starts, his team is 3-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in six innings against the Kansas City Royals.
- Lynn will look to finish five or more innings for the ninth start in a row.
- Lynn’s team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re favored on the moneyline.
- Lynn’s team has a 3-7 record in his starts this season.
- In Lynn’s eight starts with a total, the teams have hit the over five times.
White Sox Relief Pitchers
Tigers Probable Pitcher – Joey Wentz
- Wentz (1-4) takes the mound first for the Tigers in his 10th start of the season. He has a 7.45 ERA in 38 2/3 innings pitched, with 31 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday against the Washington Nationals, the left-hander tossed two innings, allowing six earned runs while surrendering 10 hits.
- Wentz will try to record his sixth matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Tigers are 5-4 in Wentz’s nine starts this season that they were the underdog on the moneyline.
- Wentz’s team is 4-5 over his nine starts.
- Wentz’s starts hit the over on the run total seven times in nine games with a set total this season.
Tigers Relief Pitchers
White Sox Hitting Trends
- The White Sox have a 7-11 record this season in games when they smash at least two home runs.
- Chicago is 6-3 in games this season when it has had five or more extra-base hits.
- The club has collected eight or more hits 31 times this season, and has a 17-14 record in those games.
- Chicago is 13-5 in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The White Sox are 2-4 in games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Tigers Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in nine games this season and are 6-3 in those matchups.
- In six games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 5-1.
- They have won 23 of the 29 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- In 22 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 20-2.
- They have a 13-5 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
White Sox vs. Tigers Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Tigers (+132)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.